A collection agency is an organization that specializes in the collection of overdue debts. They are best known for hassling people who owe money by telephone or in person with a knock on the door.
Creditors who feel that your bills are overdue and have failed to talk you into payment can decide to turn the bill over to a collection agency. The collection agency usually keeps a portion of funds collected. They can also attempt to garnish wages.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons to Sell GameStop, 1 Reason to Buy
- Intel Corp. to Improve Mobile Profitability by $800 Million in 2016
- This Just In: Upgrades and Downgrades
- Here?s How Intel Corp.?s Data Center Chief Views Potential Competitive Threats
- Volkswagen Prepares to Explain How It Will Fix All of the Diesels
- 10 Best Retirement Plan Options