A collection agency is an organization that specializes in the collection of overdue debts. They are best known for hassling people who owe money by telephone or in person with a knock on the door.
Creditors who feel that your bills are overdue and have failed to talk you into payment can decide to turn the bill over to a collection agency. The collection agency usually keeps a portion of funds collected. They can also attempt to garnish wages.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons NextEra Energy Stock Could Rise
- 3 Reasons Celgene Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- The Most Important Part Of Your Credit Score
- Why New FICO Score Rules Could Be a ?Game-Changer? In Helping You Obtain a Loan
- These 2 Big Oil Companies Just Got the Cold Shoulder From the EPA
- 3 Reasons American International Group Stock Could Rise