The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Time Warner's Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things Staples' Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons Groupon's Stock Could Fall
- I?m Buying More Cincinnati Bell
- Why Kite Pharma Inc. Shares Took Off
- 3 Reasons Ford Motor Company's Stock Could Fall