The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- HomeAway Continues Growth and Celebrates 1 Million Paid Listings
- Wal-Mart Knows It Must Go Small or Go Home
- Don?t Count McDonald?s Out Yet; Just Ask Starbucks
- IPO Alert: The Company Behind Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Self-Driving Efforts?
- 401(k) Contribution Limits: Maxing It Out May Be a Bad Idea
- 3 Key Takeaways From the 2014 Social Security Trustees Report
- 4 Tricks to Boost a Credit Score
- Why There Are No Winners in the Bob Evans Power Struggle
- Recall Costs Clobber General Motors Earnings Again
- Irony Alert: Synthetic Biology Could Have Avoided the Costly Recall at Whole Foods Market
- Vector Group's Q2 Earnings Report Could Light Up Its Stock Price
- The Market Shrugs Off Another Solid Quarter From Cabot Oil & Gas