The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Coca-Cola Slipped and Apple Was Steady After Earnings
- Microsoft Digests Nokia and Qualcomm Gets a 4G Boost
- Apple Earnings: iPhone 6 Can't Come Soon Enough
- 2 Factors to Keep Tabs On During The Boeing Company's Second-Quarter Results
- 2 Stocks That Have Survived the Demise of Traditional Media Advertising
- Grandpa May Be Netflix's Secret to Growth
- Why First Horizon National Corporation is Doing All The Right Things to Increase Shareholder Value
- Nu Skin Threats: China, Downgrades, and Pyramid Schemes
- 28% Profit Margins and 15% Return on Equity at Bank of Hawaii Corporation: What Else Do You Need in
- Philip Morris' Second-Quarter Report Didn't Mention the 1 Thing That Could Sink Its Stock
- Is Diamond Foods a Diamond in the Rough?
- Why Wall Street is What's Wrong with Hasbro