The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Small-Cap Cancer Immunotherapy Developer Just Snagged Another Big Partner
- Rumors of Facebook, Inc.'s Decline Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Shake Shack Inc. Is Pricey But Its Future Looks Delicious
- Can TrueCar Keep Rolling in the Right Direction?
- Could This Halt Marijuana's Expansion in Its Tracks?
- Blast From the Past: Revisiting Movie, TV, and Music Forecasts From 2008
- 3 Reasons I'm Thinking About Investing In Qualcomm Inc.
- This Company Is Settling What Could Be a Record Lawsuit for Retirement Savings: Is Your Employer Nex
- What Is Jeremy Clarkson's Net Worth?
- Environmental Group Threatens Exxon With Appeal in New Jersey Case
- 3 Trends MasterCard Investors Should Be Excited About
- Caesars Entertainment Corp Pops as Much as 14% After Reports About Anti-Money Laundering Settlement