The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why the Apple iPhone 6 Plus Will Be a Success
- Why Ford Is Slipping While GM and Chrysler Shine
- Wall Street's Crazy Idea for Staples and Office Depot
- Does Keurig Green Mountain's $1 Billion Buyback Make Sense?
- Should HP Spend $5.7 Billion on Share Buybacks?
- 2 Solar Industry Winners and 4 Losers
- The Complete List: Bank of America's Legal Fines and Settlements Since 2008
- 3 Reasons Why Mattel, Inc. Isn't a Top Dividend Stock
- 5 Superball Stocks
- 5 Things Eaton Corporation?s Management Wants You to Know
- 5 Things Halliburton Company's Management Wants You to Know
- Is GT Advanced Technologies Inc. a Short Sell?