The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Things Altria Group Dividend Investors Need to Know
- Can Yelp, Inc. Continue Its Outstanding Growth?
- 3 Reasons Williams Partners Shares Could Fall Off a Cliff
- J.C. Penney's Turnaround: It Just Doesn't Add Up
- 2 Things Intel Corporation Dividend Investors Need to Know
- Why Investors Shouldn?t Compare Google?s Nexus 6 to Apple?s iPhone 6 Plus