The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Norwegian Cruise Line Sails Into Luxury Market
- 3 Reasons Medtronic Inc.'s Stock Could Fall
- The EU's $167 Million Solution to Putin's Import Embargo
- 3 Reasons Suncor Energy's Stock Could Rise
- Why Clean Energy Fuels Corp Stock Has Crashed 23% in 2014
- 3 Reasons The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company's Stock Could Fall