The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stock Market Holidays 2015
- What a Mid-Cap Stock Is (And Why You Should Care)
- The Advantages of Buying a Home at the End of the Month
- Scotiabank Earnings Rise, but Will Its Latest Bet Pay Off?
- How to Calculate Cost of Goods Sold
- GameStop Corp. Earnings Surge on Market Share Gains
- Big Oil Stocks: 3 Risks ExxonMobil Shareholders Need to Know About
- 5 Things Anadarko Petroleum Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- Here's What Bill Ackman Has Been Buying and Selling
- Hate Your Bank? You're Not Alone
- Las Vegas Sands Lawsuit Could Get Uglier Than Just Words
- Pom Wonderful's Deceptive Ads: Lessons for Consumers and Investors