The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Buying a House? Why Your Down Payment Isn't Enough
- How Foot Locker, Inc. Is Bucking The Trend in Retail
- Do Einhorn's Latest Buys Belong in Your Portfolio?
- The Average American's Savings Account Isn't Earning Enough Annually to Buy a Latte
- Don't Want to Go Broke in Retirement? Annuities Can Help
- What to Expect From Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart, and More on Cyber Monday
- Trina Solar Limited Earnings: Size Doesn't Mean Profit in Solar Manufacturing
- Is Qualcomm Inc. Bottoming Out?
- 5 Things Pandora Media, Inc.'s CEO Wants You to Know
- Why Lululemon Athletica, Walter Investment Management, and Tyson Foods Jumped Today
- Why Is Philip Morris International Inc. Suing These Countries?
- Slowly, Volkswagen's Bad News Continues to Emerge