The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Big Dividend Yields at Bargain Prices
- Why Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.'s Shares Have Tanked 43% in 2014
- Is It Time to Buy GlaxoSmithKline plc Stock?
- What Verizon Dividend Investors Need to Know In September
- Delta Air Lines: Undervalued, But Not As Cheap As 1 Metric Implies
- Is It Time to Buy General Mills Stock?
- Is Bank of America One of the Best Companies in America?
- Can You Guess the 5 States That Rake in the Most From Tobacco Taxes?
- 5 Small Business Insurance Policies Every Business Should Consider
- How Home Insurance Coverage Decisions Affect Claim Payments
- Is It Time to Buy Morgan Stanley Stock?
- Palo Alto Networks, Inc. Blows Past Its Own Guidance