The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Things Walt Disney Co Investors Will Be Watching in 2015
- Why SandRidge Energy Inc.?s (SD) Stock Jumped 11% Today
- The Fed's High-Wire Act Straddles Two Trends
- Don't Look Now, LINN Energy LLC Is Up 14% Again Today
- Will Whiting Petroleum Corp Live to Regret Buying Kodiak Oil and Gas Corp.?
- Why NPS Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Stock Lifted Off in Midday Trading
- FCC Looks Set to Hit Sprint With Largest Fine Ever in "Cramming" Case
- 3 Bank Stocks to Buy in December
- 3 Things SodaStream International Ltd Got Right in 2014
- Why Wall Street Banks Are Less Profitable Than Their Main Street Peers
- Is MannKind Corporation in Bed With Crooks? And Should Investors Care?
- Why Are Closing Costs SUCH a Big Deal?