The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon.com, Inc. Earnings Preview: Why You Need to Look Beyond the Headlines
- Apple, Inc. Just Obliterated All Expectations
- Why Microsoft Corp. Is Willing to Give Away Windows 10
- Illumina Inc. Reports Fabulous Q4 Earnings Results
- 3 Questions for Facebook, Inc. CEO Mark Zuckerberg Today
- VMware, Inc. Earnings: Setting Soft Targets for 2015
- II-VI, Inc. Could Finally Be Back on Track
- Why Kinder Morgan's Earnings Don't Matter
- 3 Reasons Bank of America's Fourth-Quarter Earnings Are Better Than They Seem
- Oil News: Oil Tycoon Harold Hamm Secures $3 Billion Payday for His Pipeline Business
- Best Stocks 2015: Qualcomm Inc.
- Trade Dates vs. Settlement Dates: Why You Need to Know the Difference