The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are You Really Ready To Buy A House?
- The 2015 Subaru Outback Is Just What We Expected
- Exporting Oil Will Lower Your Gasoline Bill?
- Zynga Inc. Earnings: What To Watch For This Week
- Did Fiat S.p.A. Take the Muscle Out of the 2015 Dodge Charger?
- 3 Questions for Netflix to Answer Tomorrow
- Does Bank of America Still Owe Taxpayers Billions of Dollars?
- This Week in Biotech: Diabetes Patients Chalk Up 2 Impressive Victories
- 4 Factors Holding Back BP plc
- J.M. Smucker, Kraft, and Mondelez: 3 Food Companies to Watch
- Here's Why Bank of America's Loss Isn't As Bad As It Looks
- 3 Critical Numbers From Bank of America's Earnings Release