The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Shares of SUPERVALU Inc. Jumped
- Apple Earnings: What the Media Got Wrong
- Ford's Next CEO Talks About the Latest Mustang
- Fool's Gold Report: Metals Tread Water As Barrick Gold, Newmont Mining Still Draw Attention
- 2 Key Takeaways From iRobot's Earnings Call Today
- Why the iWatch Is Apple?s Next Big Success Story
- Why Xoom, Hugoton Royalty Trust, and SodaStream Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Visa, Inc. Earnings: How Fast Can the Card Giant Grow?
- YPF's New Deal With Chevron: Time To Buy?
- Higher Costs Lead to Growing Loss at AK Steel
- First Solar Inc Might Not Be the Best Solar Investment
- Is Transocean LTD Destined for Greatness?