The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 High-Yielding Oil Drillers That Could Be on Borrowed Time
- Read This Before Buying Wynn Resorts, Limited Stock for Its Dividend Yield
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Is This the Real Reason Warren Buffett Bought Duracell?
- Why the Chevy Silverado Is Driving GM to Spend Billions on Cadillac
- The Best Is Still to Come From Apple Inc.?s Chip Team