The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does This Spell the End for the Electronic Cigarette?
- Easier Mortgages Are Coming Back -- Will They Boost the Housing Market or Cause Another Crash?
- Can You Guess How Much Money Legalizing Marijuana Would Save?
- Danger Lurking for El Paso Pipeline Partners L.P.'s Dividend?
- The Most Important Number You Need to Know Before Buying Transocean LTD Stock
- Don't Miss SolarCity Corp and SunPower's Weapon to Rule Rooftop Solar