The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon Web Services Continues Its Tremendous Growth
- Linear Technology Keeps Shrinking, but a Turnaround Could Be Almost Here
- Why Dunkin' Brands Group May Not Stand a Chance Against Starbucks
- How Much Would Apple Owe in U.S. Taxes If It Brought Its Money Home?
- There's Bullishness in Baidu Stock Bearishness
- 2 Stocks Warren Buffett Could Buy -- and 1 He Ought to Love