The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ambarella Earnings: Foreign Performance and GoPro Sales Drive Beat
- AeroVironment Bets Big on Its Future As Sales, Earnings Fall
- Why Intrexon Corp Catapulted Higher Today
- Apple Can't Hedge Its Biggest Risk in China
- 3 Reasons Vanguard Natural Resources Could Cut Its Dividend? Again
- Why Shares of Nutrisystem Inc. Popped Tuesday
- Howard Hughes Corp Earnings: Don't be Fooled By the Loss
- The Special Way These 3 Dividend Stocks are Showing You the Money
- A Dividend Aristocrat Gets a Red Light From the Feds
- 7,982,550 Reasons MGM Resorts Could Still Win in Las Vegas
- SodaStream International Ltd. Earnings: Fizz Goes Flat
- Should Yandex NV Investors Be Worried About Google's Latest Legal Win?