The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Twitter Inc. Should Look For In Its Next CEO
- Supreme Court Rescues Obamacare: What Should Investors Do Now?
- Better Buy: Starbucks Corporation or Dunkin? Brands Group Inc.?
- 8 Charts to Celebrate the iPhone's 8th Birthday
- Was Williams Companies Right to Reject a $53 Billion Buyout Offer?
- Christopher Cline: Coal King, Billionaire Playboy, or Both?