The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Predictions for the New Week
- These 2 Companies Are Big Winners in the Eagle Ford
- Why Russia Is Exploring Alternate Trade Routes With China
- Don't Buy a House Until You Read This
- Why These 3 Oil Drillers Will Benefit From the Boom in Deepwater Drilling
- Can Bank of America Afford to Make These Types of Loans?
- Will Venezuela Follow Iran's Footsteps?
- Cigarette Makers Aren't Going Up in Smoke
- Can Returned Confidence in Weatherford International Boost Its Shares?
- U.S. Consumer Spending Up 0.3% in October
- LA Sues Wells Fargo, Citigroup Over Foreclosures in Minority Communities
- PNC Settles With Freddie Mac Over Mortgage Claims