The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Job Market Grows 175K, Skullcandy Signals Turnaround, and S&P 500 Reaches All-Time High
- 3 Consumer Companies Thriving in Spite of the Cold Weather
- Royalties Trouble Ahead for Qualcomm?
- 3 Stock Charts That Will Make Your Skin Crawl
- What Can the American Civil War Teach Us About the Crisis in Ukraine?
- This Week in Biotech: Put It in Print
- FTSE Shares That Soared and Plunged This Week
- This Week's Top Dow Stocks
- 10 Great Books on American Economic History
- Why FuelCell Energy, Palo Alto Networks, and Nuverra Environmental Solutions Soared Today
- Banks Got Their Yearly Report Card This Week
- Scandal-Ridden SAC Capital Buys Broadcom, Dynavax, and Boston Scientific