The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- STAG Industrial Keeps Growing, but How Far Can It Expand?
- Is Mylan's Lively Third Quarter the Start of Something Special?
- MercadoLibre Stock Explodes Higher After a Blowout Quarter
- Microsoft Just Launched a Huge Attack Against Google and Dropbox
- LinkedIn Corp. Stock Moves Higher on Better-Than-Expected Q3 Results
- Why I Still Own Staples Stock
- SodaStream International, Ltd. Earnings: Pop Goes the World
- 3 Things Bank of America Should Do Right Now
- The End of an Era: Is the US Petrodollar Under Threat?
- 3 Things to Watch For When SodaStream Reports Third-Quarter Earnings
- Why M&T Bank Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- Is This Move By Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac a Mistake?