The cash burn is the amount of money an unprofitable company is using to run its business. It shouldn't be confused with the loss on the income statement as that usually includes non-cash expenses like employee stock options.
The cash burn is helpful in determining how long a company can survive until it will need to get further financing or go bankrupt.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should Investors Toss in the Towel on Amarin Corp Plc?
- 3 Important Numbers Westport Innovations Inc. Bears Overlooked in the Company's Earnings Report
- 1 Biotech Stock You Can Buy and Hold for the Next 20 Years
- Why Juno Therapeutics Inc is Soaring Higher Today
- Where Is Radius Health Now?
- Why Amarin Corporation plc Blasted Higher