Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Leading Health Insurers in These 4 States Just Proposed 25% to 52% Premium Price Hikes
- 3 Best of Breed Biotech Stocks
- 3 Stocks That Could Double Your Money
- 4 Stocks Eagle Asset Management Has Been Buying
- Is This Pfizer's Next Move?
- Here's What the Managers of the $8.6 Billion TIAA-CREF Trust Have Been Buying