Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Advaxis, Inc. Shares Lifted Off
- 3 Questions to Ask Before You Buy a Biotech Stock
- The "Apple Product" Investors Forgot (Hint: It's Not a TV)
- 3 Promising Small-Caps Under $10 You Can Buy Right Now
- Why Shares of Juno Therapeutics Inc. and Kite Pharma Inc. Crashed Today
- Is Bristol-Myers Squibb. Co. About to Fall Apart?