Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are Things Looking Up for GlaxoSmithKline?
- Why Lexicon Pharmaceuticals' Stock Gained Over 50% Today
- Why Dividend Investors Can Buy Eli Lilly Again
- Tougher Marijuana Regulations Could Be Coming to a State Near You
- 3 Things to Watch as Genomic Health Reports Earnings
- ImmunoGen: Back to a Development-Stage Biotech