Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Opko Health Inc. and TESARO Inc Investors Have an Exciting Week Ahead
- This Small-Cap Cancer Immunotherapy Developer Just Snagged Another Big Partner
- 3 Major Hurdles the Marijuana Industry May Not Overcome
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Medical Diagnostics
- We Believe Healthcare's Next Biotech Buyout Target Is?
- Can You Name the Company Leading the Charge in Cancer Care Research?