Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Earnings Roundup: Johnson & Johnson Results Are Better Than They Appear
- Why Galectin Therapeutics Inc. Shares Jumped
- Earnings Primer: What's on Deck for Celgene, AbbVie, and Gilead
- Johnson & Johnson's 3 Major Strengths
- Earnings Primer: What's on Deck for Amgen Inc. and Biogen Idec Inc.
- 2 Reasons Why Merck & Co. Is Crushing the Dow