Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- George Soros' Fund Dumped These 2 Stocks: Should You?
- Where Will Gilead Sciences Be in 10 Years?
- Insurers Don't Want to Pay for Pricey Cancer Meds
- Will Medical Marijuana Ever Be Covered By Medicare?
- What Healthcare Dividend Stock Is Best?
- The Surprising State That Could Become the 24th to Legalize Medical Marijuana