Cancer refers to a class of diseases characterized by uncontrolled cell division and the invasion of other tissues. The natural process of cell division is normally tightly regulated and is an important event for regenerating new cells to replace old ones. In cancer, the control mechanisms have failed, and cells do not stop dividing.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Much Will Obamacare Cost You?
- Get Your Wallet Out: Global Drug Spending is About to Hit a Dubious Milestone
- This May Be the Fastest Growing Big Biotech Stock Next Year (Hint: It's Not Gilead Sciences)
- 3 Healthcare Stocks Short-Sellers Are Wrong About
- Will Bristol-Myers Squibb's Dividend Be Safe?
- Will Pfizer's Dividend Be Safe?