A bull is an investor who believes a stock's price -- the market as a whole -- is going to go up.
Bulls are generally described as optimistic because they believe that a future stock or market price will be higher than it is currently.
An investor who is bullish will usually buy stocks long to profit on that expected increase.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hertz Global Holdings Shares Drop After Guidance Withdrawn
- Hertz Got Crushed ? and I?m Buying More
- PetSmart Unleashes Mixed Results, Considers Alternatives That Could Include Sale
- McDonald's Follows Starbucks Into Grocery Stores
- 3 Reasons Broadcom Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- 3 Reasons Stratasys' Stock Could Fall