A bull is an investor who believes a stock's price -- the market as a whole -- is going to go up.
Bulls are generally described as optimistic because they believe that a future stock or market price will be higher than it is currently.
An investor who is bullish will usually buy stocks long to profit on that expected increase.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cash: It's More Valuable Than You May Think
- Twitter Stock Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Bull vs. Bear: GoPro Stock
- Bond Investors: Here?s How to Profit From Rising Interest Rates
- 1 Key Lesson Apple, Inc. Can Learn From the Luxury Auto Business About How to Keep People Buying
- Why Samsung Will Not Acquire Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.