A less formal synonym for pound sterling, the official currency of the United Kingdom.
Also called quid in slang.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Currencies: The U.S. Trade Deficit Expands While We Wait on the Fed
- Volkswagen Shares Are Pounded as Its Cheating Scandal Goes Global
- Dividend Investors Find the GlaxoSmithKline Yield Hard to Resist
- Why British American Tobacco p.l.c. Shares Jumped 11% in July
- The U.K. Will Hold a Fire Sale of Its Version of Citigroup
- What Is a PIP?