A brand or brand name is the symbol or name under which a business identifies its products or services. Under the law, they are considered intellectual property and are usually protected as registered trademarks.
Related Fool Articles
- The Power of Global Brands
- Who Has the Best Brands?
- A Brand Is a Promise (of Profits)
- Food Maker Shakedown: Brand names vs. Private Labels
- Brand-Name Inflation Hedges
- Brands on the Run
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Warren Buffett Keeps Buying IBM Stock: Should You Follow Him?
- Why Sanchez Energy Corporation Stock Was Up 10% Today
- Apple Can't Hedge Its Biggest Risk in China
- 5 Things Garmin Ltd.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Why Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc Stock Popped Today
- 5 Things Groupon Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Facebook's CEO Mark Zuckerberg Wants to Bring Internet to the World
- FedEx and UPS Have New Competition: You're Never Going to Guess Who It Is
- The Truth About Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc: More Calories Than McDonald's Corporation?
- Intel Corporation?s Atom x3 Unveiled: Here?s What You Need to Know
- Should Apple Be Worried About the "Flip Phone Revival" in This Key Market?
- A Dividend Aristocrat Gets a Red Light From the Feds