In nanotechnology, bottom-up refers to the use of atoms and molecules as building blocks to create larger structures. The term is also used in other contexts to refer to designing individual parts of a system and then linking them together to form larger components. Opposite of top-down.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will Target Corporation Sell Its Grocery Business Next?
- Dick Costolo's 3 Worst Moves As Twitter Inc.'s CEO
- The 5 Best Stocks in the Commercial Construction Sector
- The U.S. Oil Industry Just Set a New Record, and It Isn?t Pretty
- Carbon3D's CEO Discusses Its Breakthrough CLIP 3D Printing Tech?
- Earnings: Is DuPont's Hiccup the Market's Malady?