In nanotechnology, bottom-up refers to the use of atoms and molecules as building blocks to create larger structures. The term is also used in other contexts to refer to designing individual parts of a system and then linking them together to form larger components. Opposite of top-down.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Meet the Company That's Changing the Multiple Sclerosis Treatment Landscape
- Move Over, Keurig Green Mountain: SodaStream Just Found Its Own Strategic Partner
- Alcoa Inc on the Construction and Heavy Truck Markets
- Will Indian Elections Lead to an Emerging India?
- Renowned Expert: GMOs Pose More Risk Than We Think
- Russia and Putin Don't Scare Warren Buffett