In nanotechnology, bottom-up refers to the use of atoms and molecules as building blocks to create larger structures. The term is also used in other contexts to refer to designing individual parts of a system and then linking them together to form larger components. Opposite of top-down.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Carbon3D's CEO Discusses Its Breakthrough CLIP 3D Printing Tech?
- Earnings: Is DuPont's Hiccup the Market's Malady?
- Watch Out, 3D Systems and Stratasys -- Carbon3D's Super-Speedy 3D Printing Tech Just Snagged a $10 M
- SolarCity Q4 Earnings: Key Takeaways From a "Good News, Bad News" Quarter
- Can This Tiny European Startup Take Down Google?
- Don't Buy Another Stock -- or Another Steak -- Until You Read This