Book. In investing a book usually refers to the accounting records or financial statements of a business. The term is a holdover from the days when accounts were maintained on paper in ledgers, which were often bound in book format. Increasingly the term is figurative in that most records now are electronic blips on a computer file.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Amazon's Kindle Unlimited the First Step in Unbundling Prime?
- How Does Apollo Investment Corporation Make Money?
- Is Golub Capital BDC Worth the Price?
- What Does the Future Hold for Golub Capital BDC?
- The Risks Facing Golub Capital BDC
- Golub BDC Balance Sheet: The Liabilities