Book. In investing a book usually refers to the accounting records or financial statements of a business. The term is a holdover from the days when accounts were maintained on paper in ledgers, which were often bound in book format. Increasingly the term is figurative in that most records now are electronic blips on a computer file.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here?s Why Bank of America Corp Could Soon Hit $20
- Twitter Roundup: Joseph Stiglitz is Right About Inequality
- Fantasy Football Stock Draft: How Are We Doing?
- Why Did Zynga Redesign Its Top Titles?
- Can You Profit From World Cup Woes?
- RadioShack Corporation's Cost Cutting Is Too Little, Too Late