Book. In investing a book usually refers to the accounting records or financial statements of a business. The term is a holdover from the days when accounts were maintained on paper in ledgers, which were often bound in book format. Increasingly the term is figurative in that most records now are electronic blips on a computer file.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Sierra Wireless Inc. -- Overhyped or a Viable Turnaround Story?
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in August
- Tesla's Referral Program: Smart Move or Sign of Desperation?
- What Is Donald Trump's Net Worth?
- 5 Dividend Stocks You'll Want to Own for the Next Decade
- ImmunoGen: Back to a Development-Stage Biotech