Book. In investing a book usually refers to the accounting records or financial statements of a business. The term is a holdover from the days when accounts were maintained on paper in ledgers, which were often bound in book format. Increasingly the term is figurative in that most records now are electronic blips on a computer file.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Zynga Stock Bounce Back in 2015?
- Why Cisco Stock Is Still a Value
- 2 New Ways Amazon.com Hopes to Challenge Google
- When Will Apple Inc.'s Rumored Retina MacBook Air Finally Launch?
- Nokia?s N1 vs. Google?s Nexus 9: The Battle of the Flagship Android Tablets
- Will UnitedHealth Group's Dividend Be Safe?