Book. In investing a book usually refers to the accounting records or financial statements of a business. The term is a holdover from the days when accounts were maintained on paper in ledgers, which were often bound in book format. Increasingly the term is figurative in that most records now are electronic blips on a computer file.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Sell GameStop Corp. Stock?
- 3 World-Class Businesses At a Reasonable Price
- Why AeroVironment Stock Dropped 11% This Morning
- How TASER International Stunned Investors in a Bad Way Last Month
- General Electric Thinks These Are 3 of Its Biggest Risks
- Why Walt Disney Co. Fell 15.1% in August