Bond index funds
In the world of bond investing, we don't see any reason to go anywhere but with a bond index fund. The top dog is the Vanguard Total Bond Market Fund (VBMFX), which mimics the Lehman Brothers Aggregate Bond Index. There are also short-, intermediate-, and long-term bond funds.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Stock Warren Buffett and Michael Lewis Think You Should Own
- We're in Trouble if 72% of Investors Are Getting This Basic Finance Question Wrong
- 10 Rules to Guide You Through a Lifetime of Financial Decisions
- The Fed Can't Be Blamed for Emerging Markets' Woes
- The Easiest 100% Return You Can Get for Your Retirement
- Is Potash a Better Inflation Hedge Than Gold?