Board of directors
The Board of Directors are empowered to carry out certain tasks as spelled out in the corporation's charter. Among such powers are appointing senior management, naming members of executive and finance committees (if any), issuing additional shares, and declaring dividends. Boards normally include the top corporate executives, as well as directors chosen from business and from the community at large to advise on matters of broad policy.
When you're analyzing a company for potential investment, it's important to take a look at the board of directors and determine if they:
- 1. Act in the best interest of shareholders.
- 2. Give the CEO good advice when it comes to managing the company.
- 3. Have a truly independent set of voices.
- Investigative Investing - How to analyze a board of directors
- Chairman of the board
- Chief Executive Officer , CEO
- Chief Operating Officer , COO
- Chief Marketing Officer , CMO
- Chief Financial Officer, CFO
- Board of Directors