In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- American Eagle Can?t Fly in a Tough Retail Environment
- What Does Wal-Mart Do in 2014?
- Are Microsoft Corporation's Surface Sales About to Fall Off a Cliff?
- 4 Heavily Discounted Goods: What You Should Never Buy at Full Price
- Tablets Are Revolutionizing These 4 Businesses
- RadioShack's Lesson: The Electronics Store Is Dead