In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- G2E 2014: Why Las Vegas Sands' Sheldon Adelson is Fighting Online Gaming
- You'll Never Guess Which iPad Is Still the Most Popular!
- Will UPS Blow It Again This Christmas?
- This Hated Company Made the Top 5 Online Retailer List
- Target's Secret Strategy to Dominate the Holiday Shopping Season
- Is Target Corporation One of the Best Companies in America?