In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7.0% Unemployment Rate Not Enough to Lift Dow Into Positive for Week
- 1 More Sign Apple Is Having a Monster Quarter
- Amazon Prime Air: Rise Of The Drones
- The Best and Worst Dow Components in November
- Black Friday Winners: 2 Retailers Dominating the Holiday Shopping Season
- Whole Foods, Costco, Wal-Mart: Controversial, Moral, and Immoral