In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why This Black Friday Is So Important for J.C. Penney
- Will RadioShack's Holiday Plan Save It From Bankruptcy?
- Microsoft Corporation's Surface Pro 3 Is On a Roll
- Why Disney Is Black Friday's Biggest Stock
- Every Day is Christmas as Wal-Mart Extends Black Friday for 5 Days
- Why This Black Friday Is So Important For Wal-Mart