In retail, Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving, when people traditionally start their Christmas shopping en masse. Stores hope the sales will put them "in the black," i.e. into profit.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Pay vs. CurrentC: 3 Retail Giants Are Biting the Hand That Feeds Them
- 3 Ways Target Plans to Dominate the Holidays
- 17 Expert Ways to Save Money Every Day
- G2E 2014: Why Las Vegas Sands' Sheldon Adelson is Fighting Online Gaming
- You'll Never Guess Which iPad Is Still the Most Popular!
- Will UPS Blow It Again This Christmas?