The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Next Blue Chip Stocks: Facebook
- "Guardians of the Galaxy" Still Isn't as Profitable as "Iron Man," and 4 More Surprising Facts I Lea
- Does Keurig Green Mountain's $1 Billion Buyback Make Sense?
- Why SunPower Stock Is Undervalued
- Does Mondelez International's $2 Billion Buyback Make Sense?
- Is 3D Systems Corporation a Buy Under $50?