The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Devon Energy Corp's Stock Could Rise Again
- Veteran Oil Minister Says OPEC Alone Can?t Set Oil-Price Levels
- Is This the Real Reason Warren Buffett Bought Duracell?
- Why Cisco Stock Is Still a Value
- 2 Things IBM Dividend Stock Investors Need to Know
- Movado's Sales Slow Down, but Watch for Better Times Ahead