The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Companies With Political Risks and Major Upside
- Should Facebook Increase the Volume of Ads Displayed to Users?
- Fool's Gold Report: Employment Report Sinks Gold, Silver; Freeport, Coeur Plunge
- The Spark of Innovation at Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
- Ominous Sign as Margin Debt Continues to Rise
- Is PetSmart Headed Higher Yet?