The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is GDP? Your Jargon-Free Guide to One of the 20th Century's Greatest Inventions
- This High-Yield Dividend Stock Screams Danger
- 3 Candidates for Warren Buffett's Portfolio
- Intuit Q1 2015 Earnings: Benefiting From the Great Flip
- Better Stock to Buy Today: Sturm, Ruger, or Smith & Wesson?
- The Fresh Market Earnings: Healthy Sales and Margin Pressure