The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Reasons I'm Excited About K+S AG's Stock
- 1 More Advantage Apple Pay Has Over The Competition
- How Badly Will Falling Oil Prices Hurt Core Laboratories N.V. Earnings?
- Prize-linked Savings Accounts: Coming to Your Bank?
- Why 3D Systems Corporation Established a $150 Million Credit Facility
- The Next Blue Chip Stocks: Las Vegas Sands