The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Tricks to Boost a Credit Score
- Why Schlumberger Is the Best Pick in Oilfield Services
- Which Asset Will Encana Sell Next?
- Will PACCAR Again Be Able to Ride the North American Growth Wave in Q2?
- Is This How Apple, Inc. Can Afford Sapphire For the Rumored iPhone 6?
- Here Are 3 Things to Consider Before Investing in McDonald?s