The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What a 401(k) Loan Really Costs You
- Sierra Wireless Inc. -- Overhyped or a Viable Turnaround Story?
- Can Polaris Industries Learn From Harley-Davidson's Mistakes?
- Apple, Inc.'s Retail Push Into India Is Under Way -- Here's Why It Matters
- Does a Mortgage Refinance Make Sense?
- Why a 401(k) Match Matters More Than You Think