The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Sprint Ups the Cost of Unlimited Plan, Gives You David Beckham as Consolation Prize
- Here?s What Drove Rex Energy Corporation?s Stock 15% Higher in June
- Will Target Corporation Sell Its Grocery Business Next?
- Why Shares of Insys Therapeutics Soared by 20% in June
- Potbelly Corporation?s Stock Fell 13% in June
- How to Save for Retirement if You Don't Have a 401(k)