The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- M&T Bank's Profitability Is Declining. Should Investors Run Scared?
- One Lender Growing Faster Than Bank of America -- and Why That's a Bad Thing
- 3 CEOs Who Impressed Us the Most in 2014
- The Top 3 Telecom Stocks to Buy for 2015
- 5 Things Costco Wholesale Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- Can You Succeed Investing in Japan?