The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Even With A Change At The Top, Danaher Corporation Will Roll On
- 3 Key Takeaways From General Electric Company's Earnings Report
- La-Z-Boy Incorporated Gets Busy Restructuring
- 2014: The Year of Resurgence for the Canadian Energy Sector
- Total's Big Plans for Africa Will Provide Long-Term Growth
- What's Wrong With These 3 Dow Stocks Today?