The balance is the bottom line number of an account. It can be a credit balance in the case of a checking account or a debit balance in the case of a credit card statement. Balance is the result after all credits and debits for the period have been entered beginning with the final balance from the preceding statement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Big Oil Stocks With Secure Dividends
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Just Made Another $1.5 Billion -- But Shareholders Won?t See a Dime
- These 2 Billionaires Just Bought More General Motors Shares: Should You Join Them?
- How Did America Lose to 18 Countries on Retirement Security?
- Do You Shop At America?s Favorite Dollar Store?
- This Next-Generation Biotech Just Set the Stage for a Big 2015