BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- People Really Hate Monsanto, Its Latest Move Shows It Couldn't Care Less
- Big Oil and Renewables: Not So Strange Bedfellows
- Russia Sanctions: 5 Dividend Stocks That Might Be Affected
- Nuclear Fusion -- Did Lockheed Martin Just Solve the Energy Crisis?
- Is It Time to Buy Halliburton Company Stock?
- Dropping Oil Prices Send Shockwaves Through Energy Sector