BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Delta (DAL) Stock: How Big is Its Fuel Advantage?
- Russia Can Survive An Oil Price War
- Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP): 3 Reasons Why All Dividend Investors Should Consider This Income
- Chevron's Earnings Remind Us Why Integrated Oil Companies Remain Integrated
- Why This Is a Crucial Week for SandRidge Energy Inc.?s Stock
- OPEC Chief Warns Against Oil Price Panic