BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Bad Second Quarter Has Oil Majors Restructuring
- Big Earnings, Big Cuts, and Big Solar
- Total SA Just Showed Big Oil How to Handle a Market Downturn
- What Should Investors Look for in ExxonMobil's Earnings?
- 3 Oil Stocks We're Watching This Week
- Another Quarter of Low Oil Prices, Another Less Than Stellar Quarter for BP plc