BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Oil Prices: Lower for Longer, or Ready to Rebound?
- Energy News: How to Read It When the Market Is in Turmoil
- We May Have Just Hit Peak Hysteria for Shares of Chevron
- Does Natural Gas Transportation Have What It Takes to Thrive?
- 3 Overvalued Energy Stocks to Avoid Today
- BP Not Giving Up on the North Sea Just Yet