BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Much Risk Should You Take With Your IRA?
- Is BP a Good Stock to Buy? Yes, but Not Because of Takeover Rumors
- 2 Things That Could Sink Williams Companies' Share Price
- The 3 Best Stocks for Investing in Refining
- Why Shares of the Entire Seadrill Ltd. Family Lost 15% or More in March
- 7 Oil Stocks With the Largest Reserves