BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- OPEC's Oil Price War Is Paying Off, But It's Far From Over
- Oil Stocks: 2 Safe Dividends and 1 That Might Be in Trouble
- Linn Energy LLC Could Fall Off a Hedge Cliff and Hit You With Another Dividend Cut Sooner Than You T
- You'll Never Guess the Fastest-Growing Energy Source in Oil-Rich Texas
- 5 Things BP plc's Management Wants You to Know
- OPEC Won?t Regain Strength Until US Shale Production Slows In 2030s