BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Offshore News: Oil Giants Form Gulf of Mexico Alliance to Unlock Recent Discoveries
- Oil Fears Hold Markets Back Despite Strong Apple, Boeing Earnings
- British Invasion: Why is America Producing Fuel for This WWII Airplane?
- Why Chevron's Stock Took a 10% Hit in 2014
- Why Capitalism and Fossil Fuels Will Drive Climate Change Action
- Johnson Controls Inc. Delivers Impressive Margin Expansion