BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Company's Restructuring is Sure to Please Investors
- Growing Uncertaintly in the Ukraine Could Impact LNG Deliveries
- Why Kraft Foods Gained Yesterday
- Bank of America CEO Says Future Legal Losses Could Exceed $9 Billion
- Here's Why Chevron's Bold Strategy Will Pay Off
- Is the "Government Motors" Label Threat Overblown?