BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Investors Need to Know About Itron, Inc.'s Q3 Earnings
- 3 Dividend Stocks That Retirees Should Avoid
- Is ConocoPhillips Making the Right Choice to Abandon Deepwater Exploration?
- 3M Company: The Bull and Bear Cases
- Big Oil Holding Steady Despite Falling Prices
- OPEC Issues Another Warning of a Future Oil-Price Spike