BP is one of the world's largets energy companies.
BP is a British company that had a market cap of $181 billion as of Dec. 31, 2009. More than one-quarter of that market cap was gone by May 25, 2010, as BP continued to struggle to contain oil leaking into the Gulf of Mexico following an explosion at the Deepwater Horizon rig working one of its wells.
Related Fool Articles
- [LINK TITLE]
- Royal Dutch Shell A shares
- Royal Dutch Shell B shares
- Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Stocks to Hedge Oil and Gas
- Here?s Why Penn Virginia Corporation?s Stock is Reversing Course Today
- Forget ExxonMobil and Chevron; BP Is the Best Integrated Major for Your Portfolio
- Takeover Chatter Sends Penn Virginia Corporation's Stock Zooming Up 20%
- Oil's "Peak Demand" Theory is Still a Long Ways Away
- How Big Oil Was Saved From the Oil Price Crash