Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Ambarella Earnings: Foreign Performance and GoPro Sales Drive Beat
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in March
- The Truth About Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc: More Calories Than McDonald's Corporation?
- After a Record Smashing Quarter 4 Things All Dividend Frac Sand Investors Need to Know
- Guess Which Company Just Toppled Amazon.com Inc's Top Spot For Business Reputation
- Here's What the World's Biggest Hedge Fund Has Been Buying