Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Now the Best Time to Buy Chesapeake Energy Corporation?s Stock?
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly From Caterpillar Inc.'s November Retail Sales
- Zalando SE?s first quarterly report: Straight A?s
- The Only Stock Carl Icahn Sold Last Quarter
- Who's Really Getting Rich in High-Yield Stocks?
- T-Mobile's John Legere Sticks It to Competitors Again With "Data Stash"