Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- DigitalGlobe, Inc. Earnings: Finally Time to Focus on Growth
- Investing in Socially Responsible Companies: Pandora Media, Inc.
- Starbucks Q4 Earnings: Wall Street's Cold Reaction to Hot Growth
- Why Broadcom Stock Soared 40% in 2014
- Delta Air Lines Inc. vs. American Airlines Group Inc: Which Is a Better Investment?
- Facebook, Inc. Now Has A Massive Risk Just Sitting On Its Balance Sheet