Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- China GDP Growth, Plus Twitter and Google Headlines, As Dow Gains 162
- Why the Dow Jumped for the Third Straight Day
- Digital Baseball Cards Brighten Future for Topps
- Why DuPont and UnitedHealth Group Will Move the Dow Tomorrow
- Is Amazon.com, Inc. Just Growing for Growth's Sake?
- Google's Results Are No Disappointment