Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Fantastic Stock to Buy in a Panicky Market
- Want To Know How Big Buffalo Wild Wings Could Grow?
- 5 Reasons I'm Excited About K+S AG's Stock
- 2 Safe Dividend Stocks for Your Income Portfolio
- McDonald's, Amazon, and Philip Morris Investors Should Pay Attention To a Strengthening Dollar
- How Low Can Oil Prices Go?