Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How the 3D Printing Sector Is On Track to Deliver a 200% Return in 2013
- American Eagle Gets Shot Out of the Sky
- Can These 3 Gold Mining Minnows Sustain Their Dividend Payouts?
- Taxpayers' $10 Billion Loss on General Motors is a Great Deal
- 3 Huge Energy Developments in 2013
- Guess?, American Eagle Outfitters, and Abercrombie & Fitch: The Bad, the Worse, and the Downright Ug