Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is the Definition of Affluenza, and Do You Have It?
- Better Restaurant Stock Buy: Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. or Buffalo Wild Wings?
- Why Facebook Inc. Will Crush Twitter Inc.
- Apple Music Could Be a Major Win for Investors in Apple Inc. Stock
- New Fare Options Touching Down at JetBlue
- 3 Things Every American Needs to Know About Retirement