Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons PNC Financial Services Group Could Rise
- 3 Reasons Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc.?s Stock Could Fall
- What Does Intel's Partnership With Fossil Mean For Smartwatches?
- Is Walmart One of the Best Companies in America?
- Better Dividend Stock: Annaly Capital Management, inc. VS. Realty Income Corp
- Is Google One of the Best Companies in America?