Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dividends That Will Last Long After You Retire
- Seadrill Ltd. Q3 Earnings: Dividend Suspended, Misses Earnings by 50%
- 4 Reasons This Company Is One of the Best High-Yield Dividend Growth Stocks You Can Buy Today
- Will Insulin Pricing Be MannKind Corporation's Downfall?
- Demand for Tesla Motors, Inc.'s Dual-Motor Vehicles Is "Off the Charts"
- Hewlett-Packard Company Offers Mixed Q4 Results