Average cost is one of three methods to determine the cost basis of the mutual fund shares you sell. Under this method, you determine the average price of all of your shares, including those purchased with reinvested dividends and capital gains. That price becomes your cost basis.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Chipotle Stock May Still Be Undervalued
- What Keeps Me From Buying Walt Disney Co Stock
- 3 Reasons Self-Storage REITs Are Great Dividend Stocks
- 2 Reasons This Gold Miner Can Go From Good to Great
- 3 Reasons Google Inc. Should Fear Facebook Inc.
- Here?s the Average Cost of Homeowner Insurance. Are You Paying Too Much?