The interest paid on an auto loan is no longer deductible on your federal income tax return. For this reason, many now get home equity loans instead to finance the purchase of autos. This results in paying the lower interest rate of a second mortgage and makes the interest payments tax deductible.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Investors Can Brush Off the Auto Industry's 11-Year Low in Customer Satisfaction
- Foolish Calculators
- Does Natural Gas Transportation Have What It Takes to Thrive?
- 3 Ways the Internet of Things Will Change Bank of America and Citigroup
- Personal Banking: Essential Information You Need to Know
- Credit Essentials: What You Need To Know