Additional principal payment
An Additional principal payment is a payment made by a borrower of more than the scheduled principal amount due. You might make such a payment if you want to more quickly reduce the remaining balance you owe.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Should Investors Worry About Record-High Auto Loan Lengths?
- What Citigroup Teaches Us About Interest-Rate Risk
- Are Extra Mortgage Payments Worth It? A Look at the Numbers
- The Advantages of Buying a Home at the End of the Month
- 3 Menacing Myths About Student Loans
- Terrible Advice I Hope Young People Ignore