Additional principal payment
An Additional principal payment is a payment made by a borrower of more than the scheduled principal amount due. You might make such a payment if you want to more quickly reduce the remaining balance you owe.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Complete List: Bank of America's Legal Fines and Settlements Since 2008
- Before Giving Money to Family, Make These 5 Critical Steps
- Top Reasons Millennials Shouldn?t Buy a Home ? Yet
- 3 Tempting Dividend Stocks Investors Might Want to Avoid
- Treasury Inflation Protected Securities: Do They Belong in Your Portfolio?
- The 5 Keys to Getting a Small Business Loan