Additional principal payment
An Additional principal payment is a payment made by a borrower of more than the scheduled principal amount due. You might make such a payment if you want to more quickly reduce the remaining balance you owe.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons to Consider the Huge Dividend Yield at Two Harbors Investment Corp.
- 5 Ways Americans Sabotage Their Savings
- 3 Simple Ways to Pay Off Your Mortgage Faster
- 1 Bank Stock to Avoid at All Costs
- The Complete List: Bank of America's Legal Fines and Settlements Since 2008
- Before Giving Money to Family, Make These 5 Critical Steps