In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 4 Tricks to Boost a Credit Score
- Social Security: Can My Benefits Be Seized by Collectors?
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated Stock: Not All Growth Is Good
- As Big Oil Struggles for Growth, These Companies Are Closing the Gap
- The Pitfalls of Longevity Annuities in 401(k)s
- Expanding Margins Will Lead Weatherford International Higher