In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Bank Fees You Should Never Pay
- Wells Fargo vs. Bank of America: Which Bank Deserves Your Account?
- How to Find the Best Money Market Rates
- This Roth IRA Fear Terrifies Retirement Savers (but You Shouldn't Be Scared)
- Warren Buffett Has a Gem in This Dividend-Paying Giant
- 3 Retirement Plans for the Self-Employed