In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Why Johnson & Johnson Could Help You Retire Early
- Nuance: The Never Ending Shift to Subscription Services
- Are You Overlooking Twitter's Big Opportunity?
- Agilysys Is a Stealth Play on the Recovering Hospitality Industry
- Europe Slaps U.S. Banks With Fines and the Market Winces
- Should I Sell This 860% Gainer?