In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Expanding Margins Will Lead Weatherford International Higher
- Lloyds, RBS, Barclays, and HSBC: Britain's Big Four Banks Face A Big Breakup Threat
- Teekay LNG Partners Just Diluted Investors almost 4%: What Should Investors Do?
- The Real Crisis with U.S. Student Debt No One Is Talking About
- What Happens to Credit Card Debt When Someone Dies
- Tired of ATM Fees? Your Brokerage - Not Your Bank - May Be the Best Place To Turn To