In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The 4 Best Credit Cards for People with Good Credit
- Can You Guess Which Bank Americans Are Most Loyal To?
- 3 Reasons the Internet of Things Is a Big Deal
- The 3 Biggest Tax Changes You Need to Be Aware Of
- Self Employed? Here Are 3 Great Options to Save for Your Retirement
- 5 Things SolarCity Corp's Management Wants You to Know