In the case of a bank account, an investment account, a savings account, etc. the account holder is responsible for paying income taxes on interest paid or other profits. In the case of a credit account such as a credit card, or a store account, the account holder is responsible for paying the bill.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Bitcoin?s New Problems: Death, Meltdowns, and Warren Buffett?s Disapproval
- Florida State Football Season Ticket Sales Skyrocketing
- Why Is There a Stock Ticker at Every Tanger Outlet Center?
- Forest Oil Corporation's Strategy Proves Faulty
- Steven Tanger, CEO of Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Talks Succeeding Through a Recession
- Rocket Fuel: Only Taking Off