Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. Aims at Big Players in Payment Processing
- DigitalGlobe, Inc. Earnings: Finally Time to Focus on Growth
- LinkedIn Corp. Stock Moves Higher on Better-Than-Expected Q3 Results
- Starbucks Q4 Earnings: Wall Street's Cold Reaction to Hot Growth
- Delta Air Lines Inc. vs. American Airlines Group Inc: Which Is a Better Investment?
- Chart Industries Q3 Earnings: "Good News, Bad News" Quarter, but the Long Term Remains Solid