Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is There Life After a 75% Dividend Cut for Natural Resource Partners LP?
- 5 Things Investors Need to Know About Amazon's Web Services Financial Results
- 5 Things Starbucks Corporation Management Wants You to Know
- Twitter Inc. Earnings Preview: What You Need to Know
- Can You Guess Which State Won't Pay for Hepatitis C Drugs?
- Air Force Seeks "Holy Grail" in New Space Engine. Is SABRE the Answer?