Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hedge Funds Say Oil Is Going to $0
- Can Apple Pay Thwart the Credit Card Hacking Trend?
- Domino's Isn't Lying About its Improved Pizza Quality
- Boeing's Order Book Tops the 1,000 Mark
- 3 Simple Ways to Pay Off Your Mortgage Faster
- SanDisk Corporation Earnings Show Revenues are Up, Flash Memory Enjoys Cyclical Uptick