Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why the 2015 Dodge Charger Is Key to Fiat Chrysler's Plan
- Does a New CFO and Mobile Advertising Solve the Problems at Twitter, Inc.?
- 3 Things Westport Innovations Investors Should Watch
- Which Asset Will Encana Sell Next?
- The Best Oil and Gas MLP in America Just Hit a Grand Slam
- Mixed Results and a Reduced Outlook Sent Dunkin's Shares Tumbling; Is This a Buying Opportunity?