Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Inc. Earnings Preview: Expecting Strong iPhone Momentum
- Architects of Success: 3 Leaders Who Started With a Vision and Built an Empire
- Netflix, Inc. Silences Its Critics With a Strong Finish to 2014
- 4 Reasons You Shouldn't Retire Before 66
- Offshore Drilling: 1 Area Showing Surprising Strength in 2015
- What Are Verizon and AT&T Doing In Your Car?