Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Intel Corporation's Purley Server Platform Looks Like a Beast
- TJX Has 1 Key Advantage That Macy's and Kohl's Do Not
- Can Under Armour Loosen Nike's Grip Over Athletic Sponsorships?
- This Dividend Stock?s 13% Plunge After Earnings Is Ridiculous
- 5 Things to Know About Wal-Mart Stores Inc.'s Earnings Miss
- 2 Great Signs for Investors in Detroit's Largest Automaker