Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s Stock Could Tumble
- Apple Inc. Could Be Headed for a $70 Billion Blowout This Quarter
- Stericycle, Inc.'s Earnings: Turning Trash Into Treasure
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust Earnings: Strong Travel Trends Yield High-End Results
- Is It Time to Buy American Tower Corporation's Stock?
- Arctic Cat Inc. Earnings: Skidding but Not Quite Stuck