Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Dow Hit by Car Data, Plus Krispy Kreme and Apple Make Moves
- How St. Jude Hopes to Cut Into Medtronic's Pacemaker Dominance
- Anheuser-Busch, Molson Coors, or Boston Beer: Who's Doing the Best?
- Could Pearson Sell the Financial Times?
- Why Ambit Biosciences Corp. Shares Were Crushed
- Can Heart Drugs Disrupt an Emerging Breast Cancer Market?