Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- These 3 Stocks Are Nothing but Dividend Yield Traps
- This Costco Store Closure Spells Trouble... for Staples Inc.
- Why Celldex Shares Jumped 12% Friday
- Why Trinity Industries Got the Red Light From Wall Street in September
- Is Jack Dorsey the Next Steve Jobs?
- EOG Resources Inc vs. Devon Energy Corp: Who Has the Best Downturn Strategy?