Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is the Dow Really Hostage to the Fed?
- What This Top Dividend Portfolio Is Holding Now: HSBC Holdings, Royal Dutch Shell, and BP
- Natural Resource Partners to Expand in the Bakken
- Meet the Utica Shale's Top Producer
- SodaStream Takes a Page From the Green Mountain Playbook
- Foot Locker Gets German Approval for Acquisition