Acceleration is he right of the mortgagee (lender) to demand the immediate repayment of the mortgage loan balance upon the default of the mortgagor (borrower), or by using the right vested in the Due-on-Sale Clause. This latter is, of course, the opposite of the Santa Claus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- These 2 Billionaires Just Bought More General Motors Shares: Should You Join Them?
- 3 Reasons International Business Machines Corp. Stock Could Fall
- Can You Guess America's Favorite Grocery Store?
- These 3 Millionaire-Maker Stocks Turned $20,000 Into $1.1 Million
- Exclusive: Interview with Zillow COO Kathleen Phillips
- Why DigitalGlobe Stock Skyrocketed Today