Security is a goal of such machines. Most use a combination of a debit card issued by the bank and a password to access your account.
ATM machines are found in many locations in stores, malls, casinos, etc. These machines allow convenient access to funds in an account. However, some machines and some banks charge ATM fees for use of certain machines. These fees can make use of an ATM machine costly, especially for small transactions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Mobile Payments and EMV Cards to Benefit VeriFone and NCR
- 4 Quotes From the Brilliant Banker Behind Citigroup's Turnaround
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy Protection; 850,000 Bitcoins Unaccounted For
- Should You Be Worried About Soaring Bank Closures?
- Is Video Game Rental a Thing of the Past?
- Will Betting Bitcoins Ever Happen in Las Vegas?