Security is a goal of such machines. Most use a combination of a debit card issued by the bank and a password to access your account.
ATM machines are found in many locations in stores, malls, casinos, etc. These machines allow convenient access to funds in an account. However, some machines and some banks charge ATM fees for use of certain machines. These fees can make use of an ATM machine costly, especially for small transactions.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Diebold, Navios Maritime Partners, and U.S. Steel Slumped Today
- Could Innovation Hurt Some American Businesses?
- Better Buy Now: Ally Financial or BofI Holding
- JPMorgan Chase Wins Big in J.D. Power?s Latest Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Euronet Worldwide Inc.: Money Transfer Business Charges Ahead
- 1 Scary Identity-Theft Trend You Need to Know About
- 3 Ways the Internet of Things Will Change Bank of America and Citigroup
- Ally Financial Inc May Be the Future of Banking, But Is It a Good Investment?
- Ally Financial's Revamped Business Should Scare Its Established Competitors
- The Next Wave of Underpaid Worker Protests
- The True Costs of the Largest Event in Human History
- Diebold to Upgrade 1,100 ATMs for Credit Union