Schloss is generally known as one Graham's most successful students behind some guy named Warren Buffett.
His general strategy was to buy stocks that were hitting 52 week lows, with little to no debt and trading well below book value.
Unlike Buffett, Schloss practiced wide diversification and frequently held over 100 stocks at any one time.
He is also notable for very being very successful despite not attending college.
Schloss's fund , WJS Limited Partners, consistently beat the SP over a five decade period averaging a 16% annual return. Schloss famously closed his fund in immediately before the 2000 market crash claiming that there were few good bargains to be had.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- An Interview with Whitney Tilson
- The Greatest Opportunity You Probably Can't Invest In
- The Little-Known Secret of the Stock Market
- Who Says the Market Is Efficient?
- New Year's Financial Resolution: Ignoring the Noise
- The Living Embodiment of Ben Graham
|This page still needs some extra work. The Touchstone community is working hard behind the scenes to make this page better for all of Fooldom. View all works in progress.|