Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple to Grow Chinese Market Share After Inking China Mobile Deal
- Why This Month Could Be a Great Time to Buy a Honda
- 7.0% Unemployment Rate Not Enough to Lift Dow Into Positive for Week
- Big Banks Won?t Go the Way of Blockbuster
- Why Apple Acquired a Twitter Analytics Startup
- 4 Big Winners in China's 4G Push