Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Companies Boosting Their Dividend by at Least 200% in the 1st Quarter
- 3 Predictions for the New Week
- This Surprising Airline Is Tops in Customer Loyalty
- 3 Key Takeaways From the Biggest Banks This Week
- What You Don?t Know About Your Stockbroker Should Worry You
- These 3 Stocks Will Likely Move the Markets This Week