Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Billionaires Unloaded These 3 Stocks
- Is Your Financial Advisor Wrecking Your Retirement?
- Why Buffalo Wild Wings Will Be College Bowl Season's Biggest Winner
- Which Mobile Phone Maker Is Growing the Fastest (Hint: It?s Not Apple)
- Top Pharmaceutical Stocks to Buy for 2015
- The Most Unfortunate Thing Warren Buffett Ever Said