Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does a Run at the Business World Make Sense for Facebook?
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Why Splunk, Inc. Shares Soared Today
- 5 Things Target Corporation?s Management Wants You to Know
- A Simple Truth About Banks: Over the Long Run, Most Don't Make Money
- What the FCC?s Successful Spectrum Auction Really Means for Dish Networks