Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- I'm Thankful for Lower Share Prices
- 4 Reasons Dollar Tree Inc. Stock Could Rise
- 5 Things Pfizer, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Hewlett-Packard Company Offers Mixed Q4 Results
- Follow the Sand to the Real Fracking Boom
- Samsung Facing Hard Truth as Samsung Galaxy S5 Sales Reportedly Badly Miss Expectations