Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Silicon Laboratories Beats the Street, but Will Miss the Next Swing
- Why Twitter, Inc. Stock Dropped Today
- Why You'll Soon Spend Less Time Waiting in Line at Starbucks
- Carter's, Inc. Dresses Another Earnings Beat
- Dorman Products Misses Estimates on Weak Sales Growth
- Why Yelp, Inc. Is Tumbling After a Solid Quarter