Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Under Armour, Inc. or Skechers USA, Inc. a Better Stock to Buy?
- Is Microsoft Stock Still a Buy After Rising More Than 40% Over the Past Year?
- 3 Reasons Citizens Financial Group Could Rise
- 3 Reasons Xerox Corp's Stock Could Fall
- Why Endocyte, Inc. Stock Briefly Spiked Higher
- The BlackBerry Passport Will Be Good, But Not Good Enough