Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why American Eagle Outfitters Shares Flew Today
- 5 Things Eli Lilly and Co's Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Reasons Why HCA Holdings Inc Stock Could Rise
- The Biggest Risk to Google, Inc.'s One-Stop Information Shop
- 5 Ways Amazon?s Fire Phone Just Got Better
- Self-Directed IRA: The Key to a Rich Retirement?