Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Difference Between Disposable Income and Discretionary Income
- How the Sale of Treasury Stocks Affects Shareholder Equity
- Why XBiotech Inc. Made a U-Turn Today
- If You Think Microsoft's Gaining Tablet Momentum Now, Just Wait Until 2019
- Ford Continues to Find Sales Growth in China
- 400 Billion Reasons to Buy Baidu Inc (ADR)