Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Vaccine Controversy Hits Big Pharma: Who Will Pay?
- The U.S. Government Is Cracking Down on So-Called "Unlimited" Data Plans
- Big Pharma: An Up-Close Look at One Key Player
- Will Facebook Break Into Hollywood with Oculus Virtual Reality Movies?
- 3 Small-Cap Biotech Stocks That Could Be Top Stocks in 2015
- Options: Wall Street Gimmick or Moneymaking Investing Tool?