Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Does This Spell the End for the Electronic Cigarette?
- Solid Bank Earnings Could Signal an Opportunity for Investors
- Can You Guess How Much Money Legalizing Marijuana Would Save?
- Why McDonald's Will Never Be Great Again
- How Wal-Mart Could Change the Landscape of American Banking
- 3 Things to Watch For When Facebook Inc Reports Third-Quarter Earnings