Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks That Could Make Huge Moves This Week
- Why You Won't Be in Google's Self-Driving Car Anytime Soon
- Why McDonald's Corporation's Investors Shouldn't Be Lovin The Latest Report
- Amazon.com Inc. Takes Aim at Priceline, Orbitz, and Expedia With This Recent Move
- Why Hedge Funds Should Fear a Hillary Clinton Presidency
- Can You Guess Which State Won't Pay for Hepatitis C Drugs?