Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Would 15 Million Apple Watches Be a "Disappointment?"
- Las Vegas Sands Lawsuit Could Get Uglier Than Just Words
- Can Edison Nation Show You How to Sell Invention Ideas?
- Apple, Inc. Is About to Reinvent a Common Household Item
- Energy Future Holdings: How the Biggest Leveraged Buyout In History Became a Disaster
- Facebook, Inc.'s Addition of Games to Messenger Could Be "Game-Changing"