Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Alphabet Inc's New Shopping Tool Is a Possible Game-Changer
- Qualcomm Inc. vs. Intel Corporation: Which Will Win in the Internet of Things?
- The iPad's Market Share Continues to Collapse
- Why Bonanza Creek Energy, CARBO Ceramics, and EXCO Resources All Popped This Week
- How Microsoft Spent $91 Billion in 12 Months
- 5 Things Alcoa Wants You to Know About Its Post-Split Future