Wall Street is a street in New York City where major financial institutions and the New York Stock Exchange are located.
Wall Street is synonymous with stock-market investing and high finance. It is the original physical location of major stock brokerage firms in New York City, as well as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Although many of the brokerages are no longer located specifically on Wall Street itself, the surrounding area, or Financial District, has come to be known as Wall Street as well.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Get Ready, Because Big Changes Are Coming to Obamacare in 2016
- Canadian Upstart Aims to Upset Elon Musk and SpaceX
- 3 Things That Could Smash Apple's Death Cross
- What Is Jeremy Clarkson's Net Worth?
- 10 Quick Steps to Plan for Retirement in Your 30s
- Can Novavax Inc.'s Stock Inoculate Your Portfolio From More Market Mayhem?