Vanguard is a leading mutual fund company.
Vanguard is best known for its index mutual funds. Vanguard 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) can be regarded as the best known S&P 500 index fund. However, the company has expanded to offer numerous other funds including sector funds, bond funds, and exchange traded funds.
Vanguard continues to emphasize low costs to the investor. It is famous for the lowest expense ratios.
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "Mutual Funds" board. []
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Your Complete Guide to the 529 Plan
- Playing the Collectibles Game Is Not an Investment Strategy
- 72% of Couples "Communicate Well" About Money, but 43% Don't Even Know This Fact
- How Much Are the Richest Hedge Fund Managers Worth?
- The SPDR ETF: Buy the S&P 500 for a Bargain Price
- 3 Pharma Stocks With Big Margins of Safety