Vanguard is a leading mutual fund company.
Vanguard is best known for its index mutual funds. Vanguard 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) can be regarded as the best known S&P 500 index fund. However, the company has expanded to offer numerous other funds including sector funds, bond funds, and exchange traded funds.
Vanguard continues to emphasize low costs to the investor. It is famous for the lowest expense ratios.
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "Mutual Funds" board. []
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's What the World's Biggest Hedge Fund Has Been Buying
- Here's How Much the Typical American Made Last Year, By Age and Sex -- How Do You Compare?
- This Should Be Your First Investment
- Are All S&P 500 ETFs the Same?
- 3 Key Retirement Income Stats: How Do You Measure Up?
- Here's When We Plan to Take Social Security Benefits