Vanguard is a leading mutual fund company.
Vanguard is best known for its index mutual funds. Vanguard 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) can be regarded as the best known S&P 500 index fund. However, the company has expanded to offer numerous other funds including sector funds, bond funds, and exchange traded funds.
Vanguard continues to emphasize low costs to the investor. It is famous for the lowest expense ratios.
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "Mutual Funds" board. []
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Vanguard Natural Resources, Breitburn Energy Partners, and Linn Energy Went Into Free Fall Today
- Bond Funds: Steady Value or Buyer Beware?
- CVS Health Plays Favorites with New Cholesterol Drugs
- GoPro Inc's Biggest Shareholder Sells 30% of Its Stake
- 4 Top Small-Cap ETFs: Which Is Right For You?
- 12b-1 Fees Can Wreck Your Returns