Vanguard is a leading mutual fund company.
Vanguard is best known for its index mutual funds. Vanguard 500 Index Fund (ticker VFINX) can be regarded as the best known S&P 500 index fund. However, the company has expanded to offer numerous other funds including sector funds, bond funds, and exchange traded funds.
Vanguard continues to emphasize low costs to the investor. It is famous for the lowest expense ratios.
Related Fool Discussion Boards
Post your questions on Motley Fool's "Mutual Funds" board. []
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did AIG Just Lose Its Title As Top Hedge Fund Darling?
- 1 Simple Step to Dramatically Improve Your Retirement
- 3 Reasons Why This 10% Yield Is Heading Higher
- Mutual Funds: Cheaper to Own Now Than Ever
- Why the Highest Dividend Paying Stocks Aren't Your Best Bet
- Two Botched Leveraged Buyouts and the First Modern Philanthropist