Valspar (NYSE: VAL) is a global paint and coatings manufacturer; manufactures and distributes: Architectural paints, Automotive refinish, Industrial coatings, Packaging coatings and inks, Specialty polymers and Furniture protection plans.
Founded in 1806, Valspar has more than 9,500 employees in over 25 countries. Valspar's offerings include:
- Industrial coatings for wood, metal and plastic for original equipment manufacturers
- Coatings and inks for rigid packaging, principally food and beverage cans, for global customers
- Paints, varnishes and stains, primarily for the do-it-yourself market
- Coatings for refinishing vehicles
- High performance floor coatings
- Resins and colorants for internal use and for other paint and coatings
Valspar is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN and is the sixth largest paint and coatings company in the world.
Source: Valspar Investor Relations: http://investors.valspar.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=80086&p=irol-irhome