"Gebinr" is the first name (pronounced with a hard-G, gee-bin) and last name initial of a wizard character he played years and years ago in Dungeons & Dragons, the original (and second) edition. The "TMF" bit got stuck on a while back.
He is the husband to one wife and the human to two cats, one of whom also owns his wife, while the other is a free spirit. (Anyone owned by a cat will understand that cats are a "who," not a "which.")
After earning a Ph.D. in biochemistry and molecular biology, he worked for more than 11 years as a technician for a small biotechnology firm while learning investing from The Motley Fool. During this time, he contributed content to both The Motley Fool and Investopedia. He then decided to change careers and get into the financial services industry.
Oh, yes ... he has passed the Level I exam for the CFA Program and is currently a Level II candidate.
You may view his TMF profile, his current equity holdings, and read the last 99 inane things he wrote on the discussion boards here.
- Is This Marvell Technology's Next Big Thing?
- Can SanDisk Continue Its Terrific Run After Second-Quarter Earnings?
- 3 Reasons Why Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Is Still Worth Buying
- Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. CEO Explains the 'Magic' of His Business
- Is Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Destined for Greatness?
- Even After Falling $100 per Share, Is Netflix a Buy?