This rule impeded short selling in a sharply declining market. Some believe elimination of the uptick rule is a factor in the increased volatility of the stock market.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Ways Starbucks Plans to Dominate the 2015 Holiday Season
- What If This Isn't a Chipotle Buying Opportunity?
- 5 Things Amgen Investors Want to Know When It Reports Its Q3 Results
- Wildfires Hit First American Financial Earnings
- Are Fracking Earthquakes Growing Out of Control?
- After a Crazy Week, What's Next for Republic Airways Holdings, Inc.?