This rule impeded short selling in a sharply declining market. Some believe elimination of the uptick rule is a factor in the increased volatility of the stock market.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can Five Below Rise Above the Summer Doldrums?
- Why Dow Chemical Is Spending Millions to Influence America?s Politicians
- 3 Reasons BHP Billiton Ltd Stock Could Fall
- The Mortgage Market's Next Opportunity
- Will Lexus? Performance Rev Up Toyota?s Dollar Dreams?
- Play the Impending Oil Bonanza With This Equipment Manufacturer