MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- These 3 Companies Just Raised Their Dividends
- Gold Miners Are an Insurance Policy, Not an Investment
- Is Half the Country in Serious Financial Trouble?
- 3 Stocks Senior Citizens Can Consider Purchasing Right Now
- Irony Alert: Synthetic Biology Could Have Avoided the Costly Recall at Whole Foods Market
- Real Or Imagined: Is The Tesla Model S Drivetrain Defective?