A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- April 15 and Beyond: Take Control of Your Financial Future
- The Secret to Lowering Your Energy Bills
- Buckle, Cheesecake Factory, Dorman Products: 3 Mid-Cap Companies to Watch
- Is Vodafone Going to Kill Visa's Chances in Emerging Markets?
- Did Marissa Mayer's Pay Go Up or Down?
- Why the Dow Jones Industrial Average Is Useless