A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's What Went Wrong for Everything Energy Transfer in September
- Will Fiat Chrysler Face a Massive Strike on Thursday?
- High Aircraft Utilization Could Lift Volaris' Profit
- Mark Your Calendar: General Motors Company Earnings
- Macy's Stock Looks Undervalued: Buying Opportunity?
- Will Altria Use This Buffett Trick With SABMiller?