A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Intuit, Inc. Pushes Smart Growth, Market Yawns
- The Coming Social Security Crisis Explained in Plain English
- 5 Things TE Connectivity Ltd?s Management Wants You to Know
- Will a Global Rollout Save the WWE Network?
- Buying an Apartment Complex Is Easier Than You Think
- 5 Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Bought My First House