A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Went Wrong With General Motors' First Quarter?
- Could This New Billion-Dollar Industry Put Banks Out Of Business?
- Is There Life After a 75% Dividend Cut for Natural Resource Partners LP?
- Apple Inc. Earnings Preview: 3 Key Things to Watch
- Another Analyst Boosts Apple Inc. iPhone Shipment Predictions
- 1 High-Yield Stock This Dividend Fund Manager Recommends