A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Intel Corporation Wouldn?t Save That Much Money if It Quit Mobile
- Is Intel Corporation's Dividend Secure?
- 3 Things Altria Dividend Stock Investors Need To Know
- 1 More Reason U.S. Bancorp Will Remain a Leader
- Who Doesn't Have to Pay the Obamacare Penalty?
- Why Shares of SunEdison Stock (NYSE:SUNE) Soared 30% Today