A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Tap Into High Dividend Yields With This Foreign Company
- Golub Capital BDC?s Income Statement & Opportunities
- Is PepsiCo the Top Stock to Own Right Now?
- Why the Resale Value of Your Rental Property Doesn't Matter
- How Visa Changed Everything in the Payments Industry
- Vector Group's Q2 Earnings Report Could Light Up Its Stock Price