A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Will It Take for Intel Corp.?s Mobile Group to Reach Profitability?
- Costco Wholesale Corporation at All-Time Highs: Here Is Why
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid on Black Friday
- 5 Things LINN Energy LLC Wants You to Know About Its Debt Situation
- Healthcare's Greatest Dividend Stocks
- 3 Obamacare Concerns for the Healthcare Industry