A unit payment is the formal name of the "dividends" paid by royalty trusts. Royalty trusts are publically traded limited partnerships. It is the units of the trust that are traded on the exchanges. The payments they make, often monthly, sometimes quarterly are unit payments.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Bad Second Quarter Has Oil Majors Restructuring
- Can MercadoLibre Earnings Overcome Latin American Turmoil?
- Big Earnings, Big Cuts, and Big Solar
- The Beat-Down Continues: LINN Energy, LLC Down Double Digits Again Today
- Heartland Payment Systems Rings Up Even More Profits
- Westport Innovations Shows Progress, but Challenges Remain