Tuition is the fee paid to educational institutions by the student for the courses they take.
Private university tuitions are often thousands of dollars per semester, but part time students pay fees per credit hour. Trade schools and training session often charge fees. These charges may be paid by employers as a benefit for their employees when the employee files paperwork to get preapproval for the course.
Individuals seeking to pay for the education of their children should look into 529 Plans.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Creative Ideas for Avoiding the Student Debt Trap
- 4 Good Reasons to Use Your IRA Early
- What Benefits Do Companies Offer Their Employees? Now Job Seekers Can Find Out Before the Interview
- The Surprising Way Americans Pay for College
- Education Services: Investing Essentials
- Home Equity Loans: 3 Things You Need to Know