Tuition is the fee paid to educational institutions by the student for the courses they take.
Private university tuitions are often thousands of dollars per semester, but part time students pay fees per credit hour. Trade schools and training session often charge fees. These charges may be paid by employers as a benefit for their employees when the employee files paperwork to get preapproval for the course.
Individuals seeking to pay for the education of their children should look into 529 Plans.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Things You Must Remember About a 529 Savings Plan
- You May Not Have to File a Tax Return, but You Probably Should Anyway
- The Average American Owes This Much in Student Loan Debt -- How Do You Compare?
- 5 Tax Breaks You Can't Afford to Miss in 2015
- 6 Easy Steps to Get Your Kids to Save Money
- The Biggest Threat to Your Retirement: Your Kids?