Transocean (NYSE: RIG) provides offshore drilling rigs and related equipment to companies digging for oil and gas.
Transocean claims to be the largest offshore driller, with 136 mobile offshore drilling units. The rigs include jackup rigs, which can be stabilized on the ocean floor, allowing the platform to be raised (jacked up); semisubmersible rigs; and more than 30 rigs that can operate in water 4,500 feet or deeper.
Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Linear Technology Corp., Cliffs Natural Resources Inc., and Transocean Ltd. Are Today's 3 Worst
- Why Intuitive Surgical, Diamond Offshore Drilling, and Transocean Ltd. Are Today's 3 Worst Stocks
- Do New S&P 500 Stocks Become Instant Winners?
- This Trend Could Run Transocean's and Diamond Offshore Drilling's Ships Aground
- Rig Companies Better Be Ready for Another Gulf Oil Boom