A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Don't Listen To This Investor And Short Walt Disney Co. Stock
- The Well-Placed Aggression of Starbucks Corporation
- Walt Disney Co and Nintendo Join Forces in E-Sports
- Could Falling Costs Be a Bad Omen for Tesla Motors' Gigafactory?
- IDC Says Apple Shipped 3.9 Million Watches Last Quarter
- Walt Disney Co Slumps With Subscriber Losses at ESPN -- What You Need to Know