A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Netflix Original Series Won't Stream on Netflix in America
- Coca-Cola CEO Pay Falls as Bonus Tied to Performance Drops
- Could Microsoft?s Xbox One Beat the PS4 in Japan?
- DC Is Still Destroying Marvel in This Key Area
- Can These Coming Moves Keep Zynga's Turnaround Going?
- Does Staples Have a RadioShack Problem?