A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- TechBUZZ: Summer's Hottest Startups
- TechBUZZ: Summer's Hottest Start-Ups
- The 5 Most Surprising Stocks of 2015 (so Far)
- Will Tesla Motors, Inc. Redefine Supercars With Its Next Roadster?
- Under Armour Inc Continues to Build a Powerful Sportswear Brand
- Britain's Promise to America: We'll Spend 2% on Defense