A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Cisco Systems, Inc's Management Wants You to Know
- Another Chinese Solar Giant On the Verge of Collapse
- What Is Derrick Rose's Net Worth?
- Does Safra Catz Really Run the Show At Oracle Corporation?
- Gina Rinehart: Wealthier Than Oprah and Almost as Powerful
- Read This Before You Sell Netflix, Inc. Stock