A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Activist Investors Have Had Enough of This Restaurant?s CEO and Board
- What Amazon's Kindle Unlimited Means For Apple, Inc.
- France Bans Free Delivery. Will it Hurt Amazon Prime?
- Mobile Gaming Can Take These 2 Stocks to New Highs
- Why I'm Selling Western Refining Today
- With "Kindle Unlimited," Amazon.com, Inc. May Be Taking an Unreasonable Risk