A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- T-Mobile Passes the Torch for Worst Nationwide Network
- Sony?s PlayStation 4 Was Crushed by Nintendo?s Wii U in This Key Market
- Is Another Microsoft Xbox One Price Cut in the Offing?
- Is Activision Blizzard's "Destiny" a Flop?
- What If Activision Blizzard?s "Destiny" Is the Next Great Video Game Franchise?
- Do I Really Owe Money to That Collection Agency?