A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Can NVIDIA's SHIELD Tablet Really Be the Next Big Thing in Gaming?
- Is Amazon's Kindle Unlimited the First Step in Unbundling Prime?
- Here's How Nvidia Corporation Plans To Enter The Tablet Market
- Could NVIDIA's Shield Tablet Actually Devastate the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One?
- Why Did EA Delay ?Battlefield: Hardline? and ?Dragon Age: Inquisition??
- Could Activision Blizzard?s ?Destiny? Be the Biggest Game of 2014?