A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Do GMOs and Monsanto Deserve Their Villainous Reputations?
- What's on Tap When Activision Blizzard Inc. Reports Next Week?
- Why Microsoft's New Streaming Feature is a Game Changer
- Auto Investors, Prepare for a New Top Global Automaker
- Fill Companies' Pockets or Keep the Internet Open? FCC Chairman Wheeler Talks Balancing Potential Ne
- Electronic Arts Inc. Soars on Strong Holiday Sales