A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in November
- Investing in Socially Responsible Companies: Pandora Media, Inc.
- 5 Things Electronic Arts' Management Wants You to Know
- Take-Two Interactive Delivers Great Results
- DreamWorks Animation Earnings: Riding "How to Train Your Dragon 2" to a Profit Beat
- What to Watch for When Take-Two Interactive Software Inc. Reports Earnings