A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Google Enlists Japanese and Korean Game Makers to Strike Back Against Apple
- Here's Why Amazon Inc's Gaming Strategy Is Destined to Fail
- Dividend Aristocrats: Time to Buy ExxonMobil?
- 3 Reasons Eli Lilly & Co.'s Stock Could Fall
- Look Out LeapFrog, Amazon's Got a New Kid-Friendly Tablet
- Who Benefits From Apple's iOS 8 App Bundles?