A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here's Why It's So Easy to Manipulate Ordinary Investors
- This Billionaire Thinks Apple Inc Shares Are Worth $240 -- But He Isn't Buying More
- Microsoft Corporation Finally Addresses Windows 10 Security Concerns. Is It Enough?
- 3 Things You Probably Never Knew About Intel Corporation
- Nelson Peltz's $2.5 Billion Bet on GE: What Investors Need to Know
- Could CTI BioPharma's FDA Shortcut Spell Trouble for Incyte?