A title company is a firm that specializes in researching records of a property in the recorder's office in your county courthouse. In the case of a real estate transaction, after a sales contract is signed and before the close, the title company brings the title up to date and checks to see that there are no outstanding liens or other claims against the property.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What a Standalone $150 Xbox One Kinect Means for Microsoft
- The 1 Money-Making Lesson Warren Buffett Wishes He Learned Earlier
- The Disney Hero Who Should Control This $300 Billion Empire
- Marvel Movies Are Huge, So Why Won't a Deadpool Movie Get Made?
- Surprisingly, This Warren Buffett Myth Is Dead Wrong
- How to Get Your Name On a Stadium