MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Visa Inc.'s Fat Dividend Increase Sustainable?
- 5 Things Johnson & Johnson's Management Wants You to Know
- Could Sarepta Therapeutics Inc. Be Running Out of Money?
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Co's Third-Quarter Earnings Beat the Street
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Weatherford International Plc Earnings: What You Need to Know