MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Stocks We'd Buy If the Stock Market Crashes
- Is Danger Lurking in Cliffs Natural Resources Dividend Payout Ratio Analysis?
- Are Pandora Investors Watching The Wrong Metric?
- Why BP's Earnings Don't Matter, Described in 1 Chart
- 5 Things American Airlines Group, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- 3 Stocks to Buy If the Stock Market Crashes