MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
In 2014 Momentive Specialty Chemicals announced plans to build two formaldehyde plants in Louisiana that will supply BASF and Huntsman plants. The plants make MDI, a common isocyanate. The formaldehyde will be supplied by pipeline. Momentive claims to be the world's largest producer of formaldehyde.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Volkswagen's Latest Diesel Story Doesn't Pass the Smell Test
- Will This Be the Deal That Fiat Chrysler's Workers Accept?
- Twitter, Inc. Exec Drops Hints About the Future of Its 140-Character Limit
- 3 Things Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Wants You to Know
- Should Priceline's OpenTable Take a Page From Uber's Playbook?
- Why SunEdison Inc's Stock Jumped 16% Today