Note that 10 times your money is actually 900% (not 1000%, which would be an eleven-bagger).
The Motley Fool's first-ever 10-bagger is believed to have been its purchase of AOL back in 1994. (The stock grew to more than a 100-bagger for its original online portfolio made famous in its books.)
The Motley Fool's first-ever 10-bagger for its modern-day premium services was Marvel on June 3, 2008. Recommended in July 2002, Marvel hit a 10-bagger at the height (or depth!) of a bear market.
Two weeks to the day later, Activision Blizzard became The Motley Fool premium services' second-ever 10-bagger, on June 17, 2008.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Baffles Wall Street, but This Growth Story Is Just Beginning
- Your Best Option for Cashing In on LEAPS
- Chipotle Mexican Grill's Scorching-Hot Quarter
- Last Week's Retail Losers Might Be This Year's Winners!
- Why You Might Not Want to Invest in Tesla Motors ? Yet
- Why I Am Not Investing in Tesla Motors... Yet