In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Ways Microsoft Corporation Can Hit A Homerun With Windows 9
- 3 Reasons McKesson Corporation's Stock Could Fall
- Why VIVUS, Inc. Is Today's Best Biotech Stock
- Is Twitter, Inc. About to Go on a Shopping Spree?
- Introducing Robo-Tuna, the Navy's Newest Robotic Submarine
- Canada?s Shale Boom: More to Come in Montney