In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s Earnings: Buying Its Way to the Top
- Intel Corporation Thinks 15% of PCs Will Feature Cellular Connections by 2018
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (ADR) Earnings Fly Past Estimates
- Xerox Corp Third-Quarter Earnings: Has Progress Stalled?
- Amazon.com Inc. Should Put These Two Fledgling Retailers in its Shopping Cart
- 5 Things SanDisk's Management Wants You to Know