In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple's Big Strength: Operational Excellence
- Better Restaurant Stock Buy: Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. or Buffalo Wild Wings?
- Why Ford Still Has Work to Do on Quality
- Attention Dividend Investors: Which of These 3 Semiconductor Stocks Is Right for You?
- When Will Netflix, Inc. Enter India? (Hint: Don't Hold Your Breath)
- 5 Things General Electric Company's Management Wants You to Know