In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- VMware, Inc. Earnings: Setting Soft Targets for 2015
- Twitter Inc Hopes This New Feature Will Get You to Log In
- Is Apple About to Defy Steve Jobs With the ?iPad Pro??
- Why We're Not Excited About These 4 High-Growth Stocks
- AT&T Inc. Earnings: Shares Rise on Hopeful Guidance
- OpenText Keeps Climbing Into the Cloud, but 2015 Will Be Its Real Test