In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Qualcomm and Cirrus Got Crushed After Earnings
- Microsoft Corporation's Earnings May Take a Back Seat to This Revolutionary Windows Announcement
- Why Xilinx Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., and Linear Technology Corporation Are Today's 3 Worst Stock
- Will Facebook and Oculus VR Lead the Virtual Reality Revolution?
- Is Amazon's Fire Phone Doomed Even Before It Launches?
- Facebook Shoots the Lights Out -- What's Not to Like About the Stock?