In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- GE Is Making Wind Power Even Better With This Easy Fix
- Should Sony Be Scared of Microsoft's Next-Generation Gaming Platform?
- The Guy Who Broke the Bank of England Is Betting on Facebook and Apple. Should You?
- 3 Reasons The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company's Stock Could Rise
- 3 Ways This Wonder Material Could Change the iPhone Forever
- Why Plug Power Inc. Has Skyrocketed 271% in 2014