In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Subaru 2015 Impreza: New Features Aim to Boost Sales
- Target's Bold Holiday Pricing Strategy May Make You Dump Amazon
- Southwest Airlines Co. Earnings: Even Better Under the Surface
- Danger at 3D Systems Corporation: Employees Might Hate Their Jobs
- Don't Miss SolarCity Corp and SunPower's Weapon to Rule Rooftop Solar
- Stealthy, Superfast, Robotic "Ghost" Boats: Is This the Future of the U.S. Navy?