In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Westport Innovations Q3 Earnings: Major Changes Underway... but Is It Too Late?
- DigitalGlobe, Inc. Earnings: Finally Time to Focus on Growth
- Seattle Genetics, Inc. Posts Record Adcetris Sales
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in November
- Microsoft Just Launched a Huge Attack Against Google and Dropbox
- MasTec Inc.'s Third-Quarter Earnings Show Expected Progress and Promise a Better 2015