In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Would Lifting the Crude Oil Export Ban Mean for Producers?
- How TASER International, Inc. Plans to Continue It's Amazing Growth
- Why You Shouldn't Worry About the Student Loan Crisis
- 1 Industrial Giant is Dragging the Dow Lower Today
- Relationships, Investing, and 1 "Real Value" Stock Pick
- Baltic Trading Limited Shared This With Investors So Why Didn't DryShips?