In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Marriott International's Acquisition of Starwood Hotels Is Bad for Consumers
- GoPro Inc's Biggest Shareholder Sells 30% of Its Stake
- Apple, Inc. Has an Unusual Solution for People Who Can't Afford an iPhone
- 3 Things GasLog Investors Need to Focus On in 2016 and Beyond
- EnLink Midstream Reported a Loss Last Quarter, but Dividend Investors Still Have Reason to Celebrate
- Does Costco Have a Chipotle Mexican Grill Problem?