In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Facebook Inc. Makes Another Move Into Google's Mobile Ad Territory
- Is General Mills, Inc. Stock a Buy?
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc: How Valuable Are Its Graphics Patents?
- 3 Things You Need to Know About Tesla Motors This Month
- Markets Change. So Should You.
- 3 Ways Microsoft Corporation Could Hurt Google Inc.