In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Buffalo Wild Wings Will Be College Bowl Season's Biggest Winner
- How DISH Betrayed Customers To Strike A Deal With CBS
- Tesla Motors Inc.'s Battery Swapping Is Finally a Reality
- Is Now the Best Time to Buy ConocoPhillips' Stock?
- These 3 Weird iPhone Rumors Are Probably Wrong
- Offshore Wind U.K.: Siemens Better Watch Out for General Electric Company