In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Was Warren Buffett Wrong About Google Inc.?
- MSA Safety Inc. Earnings Miss Expectations As Energy and Currencies Weigh on Results
- Seaspan Corporation Earnings: Smooth Sailing As Revenue Increases 12%
- 3 Things Chipotle Is Doing Right That McDonald's Is Doing Wrong
- What Investors Need to Know About International Business Machines Corp.'s Earnings
- Is J.C. Penney Inc.'s Stock a Buy?