In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Uncovering the True Value of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Intellectual Property
- Read This Before You Sell Apple Inc. Stock
- Why Investors are Short-Selling Tesla Motors Stock
- Intel Corporation to Detail 14-Nanometer System-on-Chip Technology at VLSI Symposium
- How Will Apple Pay Fair in its Canadian Roll Out?
- Earnings Preview: General Motors Company Looks Set for a Strong First Quarter