In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Walt Disney Company Wants to Help You Cut the Cord
- The Radical Plan to Force the Biggest Banks to Pay the Government $86 Billion
- Winners and Losers When Crop Prices Drop
- Intel Corporation Eyes a Major Growth Opportunity With This Recent Move
- This Week in Biotech: Put It in Print
- As Tech Stocks Soar, Are Facebook and Twitter Still Buys?