In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did Audi Just Bridge Tesla Motors' Moat?
- 3 Reasons to Be Wary of SolarCity Stock
- Samsung and Google Inc Open Their Wallets to Compete with Apple Pay
- Here?s What One of the Richest Americans Has Been Selling
- 63% of Americans Oppose This Technology, but Companies Aren't Listening
- This Key Market Signal Says Oil Is Heading to $60 a Barrel