In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Geospace Technologies Earnings Fall Victim to Big Oil's Spending Habits
- Did General Electric Company Abandon the "Smart Home" of the Future?
- Does a Run at the Business World Make Sense for Facebook?
- 2 Things Texas Instruments Incorporated Investors Need to Know
- 3 Value Stocks Near 52-Week Lows Worth Buying
- Will Nuance Communications Earnings Reveal a Way Forward?