In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Intuitive Surgical Inc.'s Margins Go Under the Knife
- 5 Things Intel Corporation?s Management Wants You to Know
- Can Ads And Cable TV Get the WWE Network Off the Mat?
- Will Google's Nexus Android Gaming Console Flop?
- Why Cisco Systems Inc.'s Buybacks and Dividends Are Not Enough
- You?ll Never Guess Which Company Is Cashing In On Facebook?s Growth