In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is There a Silver Lining to Advanced Micro Devices' Lackluster Quarterly Report?
- An Interview with Author Larry Cunningham
- For IBM Corp., Shortsightedness Rules the Day
- Caterpillar Inc. Earnings: Is the Rebound for Real?
- Facebook, Inc. Earnings: Newer Highs in Sight?
- Energy From Biofuels Can Match Crude Oil Levels