In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Big Reasons Baidu's Success Won't Last
- Who Owns the Internet of Things?
- How 3D Printing's Adoption Rate Could Accelerate Due to This New Partnership
- 3D Printing Dinosaur Bones: You Won't Believe This Man's Crazy Journey
- Is Deloitte One of the Best Companies in America?
- Is Pricewaterhouse Coopers One of the Best Companies in America?