In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Reasons SunEdison Inc's Stock Could Rise
- Why Slumping iPad Sales Aren't a Bad Thing for Apple Inc.
- MasterCard Earnings Charge Ahead as Global Spending Soars
- 5 Things Morgan Stanley's Management Wants You to Know
- Why Verizon Communications Inc. Is One of the Biggest Warren Buffett Stocks
- Hyster-Yale Gets a Big Lift to Its Growth