In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- IBM vs. Intel Corporation: The Data Center Battle Escalates
- Why SunEdison, Avon Products, and TrueCar Jumped Today
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. And Dollar Tree Inc. Jump as Stocks Tick Higher
- Why Cracker Barrel, Daktronics, and Apollo Education Slumped Today
- Ford's New Labor Deal: Good for Workers, Not Bad for Shareholders
- Will Fitbit Inc's Latest Update Keep It Ahead Of Its Wearable Rivals?