In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How the Sale of Treasury Stocks Affects Shareholder Equity
- Is It Too Late for International Business Machines Corp, Cisco Systems to Win the Cloud Wars?
- 3 Apple Inc. iPhone 7 Rumors That Are Probably Bogus
- Why XBiotech Inc. Made a U-Turn Today
- If You Think Microsoft's Gaining Tablet Momentum Now, Just Wait Until 2019
- Ford Continues to Find Sales Growth in China