In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stocks to Watch in Construction
- Boeing's Revolutionary 777X Remains on Track
- Why Vince Holding Corp. Stock Plummeted Friday
- Ready to Invest in Solar Energy? This Semiconductor May Be your Best Bet
- Will Force Friday Kick Off $5 Billion in Product Sales in a Year?
- 3D Printing Stocks: How Do They Stack Up by Valuation?