In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This $74 Billion Hedge Fund Sold World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. Should You?
- Why United Therapeutics Corporation Stock Skyrocketed
- You're Wrong to Worry About Restoration Hardware Based on Williams-Sonoma's Report
- 3 Reasons iShares MSCI Brazil Index ETF (EWZ) Shares Could Fall
- 84 Reasons We Love Warren Buffett
- Big Lots Boosts Sales but Still Has Far to Go in Its Recovery