In investing, technology is considered a sector, often covered by sector funds. It is heavily dominated by computer companies and related suppliers of information technology, but some include biotechnology in the sector. Others note that new technology is fundamental to many businesses and includes fields like renewable energy, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, plastics, fiber optics, ceramics, nanotechnology, etc. The dictionary definition is quite broad compared to the customary usage of the term in the investment community.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Would This Move From Amazon.com Get You to Buy a Fire Phone or Kindle Fire?
- Lawsuit Could End DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket, Force a la Carte Sports Offerings
- 1 Key Reason Sony's PlayStation Vue Could Threaten Apple's TV Ambitions
- What Could Possibly Go Wrong With Facebook Stock?
- Do These iPhone 6s Rumors Make Sense?
- 3 Triple-Digit Stocks With Upside Potential of At Least 40%