Technical analysis can range from the simple (moving averages) to the arcane (stochastic oscillators and Bollinger bands). The efficacy of these techniques is disputed, but many traders claim to use them to achieve much higher annualized returns.
Technical analysis and the Motley Fool
Technical analysis is not embraced by staff writers of the Motley Fool, especially not when used to the exclusion of fundamental analysis and valuation. However, many people swear by it, and many who examine fundamentals and valuation augment with technical analysis, especially to aid in timing. Practitioners of technical analysis seldom agree that "you can't time the market."
David Gardner Explains
Related Fool Articles
- Day Trading, Technical Analysis, Margin, Shorts
- Considering "Technical Analysis"
- The 7-Bagger That Gave You No Chance
- Avoid the Mistake That Cost Buffett 8 Years of Better Returns
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 1 Area That LINN Energy LLC Sees a Lot of Potential
- The EPA says It's Ok to Drink Your Fracking Water
- Leveraged ETFs Make You the Biggest Loser
- Form 10-K: The Most Important Thing You'll Never Read
- Why Is Avago Technologies Ltd. Paying $37 Billion for Broadcom Corporation?
- 5 Things Frontier Communications Corp Wants You to Know