Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This CEO Is Everything a Warren Buffett Manager Should Be
- Why 60% of Public Companies Are Incorporated in This State
- Annuities: Can They Really Save Baby Boomers' Retirement Dreams?
- 3 Retirement Mistakes You Need to Stop Making Today
- The Biggest Problem With Social Security Isn't Shrinking Reserves -- It's This
- What's the Best Age for You to Take Social Security?