Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cliffs Natural Resources? Revenue Plunges Amid a 24% Plunge in U.S. Iron Ore Volumes
- Why Priceline Group's Stock Is Up More Than 37% in the Past Year
- ExxonMobil Shareholders Should Say ?Nyet?
- Is This Government Wrist Slap a Wake-Up Call for Investors?
- No Breakthrough Yet in Indonesian Mining Logjam
- Republic Services? Q2 Earnings Preview