Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Westport Innovations Inc. (USA) Stock Fell 10% Today
- Safe Stocks Yielding 5% (or More) Do Exist -- Here Are 5 of Them
- Taking Your 401(k) to the Max to Close Out 2015
- How Much to Write Off on Your Taxes With a Loss in Stocks
- How to Solve for Equity Dividend Rate
- How Much Money Can I Withdraw From My IRA Monthly?