Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- DigitalGlobe Inc Sets the Stage for Growth With Another Solid Quarter
- Monster Beverage Gives Its Growth a Big Kick Higher
- 5 Things SolarCity Corp's Management Wants You to Know
- Why Cyberonics, Inc. Vaulted Higher Today
- Transocean Earnings Beat Expectations, but Storm Clouds Loom in 2015
- Here's How Apple Inc. Stock Could Get to $150