Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Foolish Calculators
- 7 Reasons Buying a Home Now Is a Smart Move
- Intuit Divests Quicken, and Doubles Down on Its Online Ecosystem
- Dividend Investors Find the GlaxoSmithKline Yield Hard to Resist
- Surprise! Obamacare Is Providing This Unexpected Benefit
- Would Donald Trump's Economic Proposals Actually Work?