Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- GoDaddy's IPO: It's Go Time!
- Investors' Love/Hate Relationship With Stratasys Stock
- Why Investors Should Expect More Mergers Throughout 2015
- 82% Of Americans Are Making a Big Retirement Mistake. Don?t Be One Of Them!
- Better High-Yield Pipeline MLP: Enterprise Products Partners or Magellan Midstream Partners?
- The 3 Best Dividend Stocks Warren Buffett Owns