Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Exposing the Flaws of the Most Commonly Used Investing Metric
- 5 Tips for Smart Automatic 401(k) Investing
- iKang Healthcare: The Latest IPO to Watch
- The Radical Plan to Force the Biggest Banks to Pay the Government $86 Billion
- How to Get Rich Off Real Estate Like Warren Buffett
- Before You Quit Your Job, Know the Rules for Rolling Over Retirement Savings