Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wendy's Co. Was Smart for Selling This Chain
- 3 Things GasLog Investors Need to Focus On in 2016 and Beyond
- US Silica is the Best Frack Sand Stock to Own Right Now
- 1 Dividend Stock to Own For The Next Decade
- 15 Mortgage Questions and Answers for First-Time Homebuyers
- 7 Major Cities Where Obamacare Premiums May Rise By 30% (or More) in 2016