Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This Presidential Candidate Just Took a Staunch Stand Against Marijuana
- Is Under Armour a Good Bet?: Nike as a Road Map
- 3 Energy Companies That Will Do Well Despite Low Oil Prices
- Would Classic Titles Like "Thomas Covenant" Work on Netflix or Amazon Prime?
- How to Save for Retirement if You Don't Have a 401(k)
- 4 Industries Where Mergers and Acquisitions May Become the Norm