Tax rate is the percentage used to calculate tax due on a taxable entity.
The tax rates of interest to individuals include--
- Sales tax: percentage of sales dollars.
- Property tax: dollars per $100 or $1000 of assessed value.
- Federal Income tax:
- State and local income tax: varies.
- Estate tax varies. It is levied on the death of individuals with large estates.
- Gift tax applies to large transfers of wealth between people.
Related Fool Articles
- Assessed value
- Average tax rate
- Form 1040
- Income tax
- Marginal tax rate
- Property tax
- Sales tax
- Your Income Tax
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7 Smart Tips for Buying the Perfect Vacation Home
- How Renewable Energy Could Leave You Mired in Blackouts
- 6 Everyday Hacks to Help You Save Money
- Is It Finally Time to Buy a House?
- Solar News: Watch Hawaii's Solar Dilemma, It Could Be an Industry-Wide Problem
- The Simple Path to Making Your Children's College Dreams Come True