Target (NYSE: TGT) operates large-format general merchandise and food discount stores in the United States, which include Target and SuperTarget stores. It offers both everyday essentials and fashionable, differentiated merchandise at exceptional prices.
Target was founded in Minneapolis as the discount division of the Dayton-Hudson Department store chain. Later the corporation adopted the Target name.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here Are 2015's $3 Billion Cyber Monday Winners
- What to Expect From Amazon, Target, Wal-Mart, and More on Cyber Monday
- Survey Says Amazon Will Beat Target, Wal-Mart This Holiday Season
- 5 Things Target Corporation's Management Wants You to Know
- Will Deep Holiday Discounts Hurt Profit Margins at Macy's and Target?