Target (NYSE: TGT) operates large-format general merchandise and food discount stores in the United States, which include Target and SuperTarget stores. It offers both everyday essentials and fashionable, differentiated merchandise at exceptional prices.
Target was founded in Minneapolis as the discount division of the Dayton-Hudson Department store chain. Later the corporation adopted the Target name.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Target's Secret Strategy to Dominate the Holiday Shopping Season
- Home Depot's Record-Breaking Credit Card Breach Could Have Been Much Worse
- Dividend Aristocrats: Time to Buy Target Corporation?
- These Retailers Came Out on Top at New York Fashion Week
- Is Target Corporation One of the Best Companies in America?