Switching costs refer to how much money and time it would cost a company to switch from one provider of a service or product to another. If you are a provider, you want your customers to face high switching costs, thus increasing the odds they will stay with you.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Facebook Stock -- Everything You Need to Know
- 3 Reasons Investors Love General Electric Company's Dividend
- Lenovo Closes Deal for IBM's Server Business: Winners and Losers
- BlackBerry Passport: The Next Big Thing or Another Dud?
- 4 Years Invested: A Retrospective, Results, and Learnings
- 3 Reasons Adobe Systems Incorporated's Stock Could Rise