Switching costs refer to how much money and time it would cost a company to switch from one provider of a service or product to another. If you are a provider, you want your customers to face high switching costs, thus increasing the odds they will stay with you.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Medidata Solutions Inc Earnings: 3 Things This Shareholder Is Watching
- 3 Reasons to Invest in This Auto Infotainment Market Leader
- It?s Scary How Fast Apple Could Lose Its Dominance
- Why These 2 Theme Park Operators Don?t Fear Competition
- Here?s Why 8x8, Inc. Could Outperform the Stock Market?
- The Huge Implications Behind Apple, Inc.'s New Partnership