Switching costs refer to how much money and time it would cost a company to switch from one provider of a service or product to another. If you are a provider, you want your customers to face high switching costs, thus increasing the odds they will stay with you.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Apple Inc. Readies Its New Music Service to Challenge Spotify and Pandora
- Pharmacy Stocks in 2015: What to Watch
- What Happens When Your Investment Plans Work?
- Xiaomi is a Big Threat to Samsung, Not Apple Inc.
- How NVIDIA Is Trying to Lock In Its Customers
- Apple Pay: Why the Apple Inc. Service Is Here To Stay