Switching costs refer to how much money and time it would cost a company to switch from one provider of a service or product to another. If you are a provider, you want your customers to face high switching costs, thus increasing the odds they will stay with you.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This $10 Billion Startup Could Be The Biggest Victim Of The Cloud Storage Pricing Wars
- Spotify Continues Its Offensive Against Apple Music
- 3 MedTech Stocks to Sprinkle Into Your Portfolios
- Apple's Services Segment: It's Bigger Than You Might Think
- Is Verizon Communications Inc. One of the Best Dividend Investments Around?
- Ahead of Apple, Inc.'s Big Event, Why Apple TV Is Critical