A stock exchange is the setting where investors meet to trade stocks. Exchanges also provide the technology needed to settle trades and ensure liquidity. While stock exchanges used to always be physical places, they are increasingly becoming virtual.
International exchanges are located in most major cities in Canada, Mexico, Europe, Asia, and South America. Africa? Australia?
Traditionally buy and sell orders were matched on an exchange by the specialist. Increasingly orders are being matched electronically.
Related Fool Articles
- [link link title]
- American Stock Exchange
- Annual performance of stock markets
- New York Stock Exchange
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- General Mills Earnings: Slow and Steady Wins the Race
- 3 Reasons LINN Energy LLC?s Stock Could Fall
- 3 Rock Solid Dividend Stocks With Upside Potential
- Why CVS Health Corporation Is Up 14.8% in 2014
- Rite Aid Corporation Stock Earnings: 3 Key Things to Watch
- T-Mobile US, Inc. and Uncarrier 7.0: Are AT&T and Verizon Running Scared?