Statement of Additional Information
The Statement of Additional Information or SAI is an informational document for mutual funds.
Each fund also submits a Statement of Additional Information that can be obtained by contacting the investment company or by visiting the Securities and Exchange Commission's website. The SAI goes into much greater detail about many matters found in the prospectus, particularly the tax consequences of fund distributions but generally in a language that only a lawyer could love. If you think there's any chance you will want to sue your mutual fund company sometime down the road, be sure to read the SAI carefully since it's legally considered part of the prospectus.
Related Fool Articles
Related Community Blogs
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things TE Connectivity Ltd?s Management Wants You to Know
- Google Sees a World Rife With Futuristic Robots
- Golub Capital BDC?s Income Statement & Opportunities
- Why the Moto 360 is the Smartwatch to Beat Right Now
- General Electric Company Announces $50 Million Investment in a High-Volume 3-D Printing Operation in
- 6 Ways to Save on Home Closing Costs