Sprint Nextel (NYSE: S) is a global communications company offering a range of wireless and wireline communications products and services that are designed to meet the needs of individual consumers, businesses and government customers.
Sprint Nextel Corporation is a communications company offering a range of wireless and wireline communications products and services that are designed to meet the needs of individual consumers, businesses and government subscribers. They are the third largest wireless communications company in the United States based on the number of wireless subscribers. They are also one of the largest providers of wireline long distance services and one of the largest carriers of Internet traffic in the nation. Sprint Nextel owns extensive wireless networks and a global long distance, Tier 1 Internet backbone. They offer wireless and wireline voice and data transmission services on state-of-the-art networks that utilize CDMA, iDEN and IP technologies. They utilize these networks to offer their wireless and wireline customers differentiated products and services whether through the use of a single network or a combination of these networks.
Source: Sprint Nextel Corporation May 8th 2009 10-Q
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Which Mobile Phone Company Has the Highest Early Termination Fees? (Hint: It Isn?t AT&T)
- Why Sprint's Stock Is Down 20% This Month
- It?s Time for Sprint to End Its NASCAR Sponsorship
- Cheap iPhone Plans Are Only Part of Sprint's Plan to Win Back Customers
- Does AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile Offer the Best iPad Deal?