Speculative stocks are those that attract buyers based more on hope, hunches, or hype than on solid financial criteria.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Banks Are Worried About Low Oil Prices
- Is BlackBerry Ltd CEO John Chen Grasping at Straws With "App Neutrality"?
- 3 Reasons Samsung Shouldn't Buy BlackBerry Ltd.
- How Investors in the United States Should Think About the Events in Greece
- Informatica Corporation Earnings: Looking Beyond the Buyout Chatter
- Is Apple About to Defy Steve Jobs With the ?iPad Pro??