Speculative stocks are those that attract buyers based more on hope, hunches, or hype than on solid financial criteria.
EXPANDED DEFINITION HERE
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Colt Teeters on the Edge of Bankruptcy: How This Gun Maker Missed the "Obama Boom"
- Why Zogenix, Inc. Shares Were Throttled
- Could FireEye Inc Really Be Worth $44?
- Big Pharma Comes Under Attack From a New Hedge Fund Strategy
- How to Invest Money in Natural Gas
- You'll Never Guess the NRA's Surprising Handgun of the Year