SOLVAY SA (OTC: SVYZY) Solvay is a major global chemical company headquartered in Belgium.
In 2011, Solvay announced plans to acquire Rhodia.
Consumer Products: Nova Care (surfactants, guar, and phosphorus derivatives), Aroma Chemicals (vanilla and phenolics used as antioxidants, fluorinated intermediates), Coatis (phenols and oxygenated solvents)
Performance Chemicals: Essential chemicals (soda ash, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide); Ecoservices (reprocessing sulfuric acid); Acetow (cellulose triacetate); and Ecochemicals (biochemical epichlorohydrin and vinyl chloride monomer)
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Little-Known Biotech Stocks I'm Keeping an Eye On
- Could E-Cigarettes Someday Be Used to Combat Alzheimer's Disease?
- 1 Stock Putting A New Spin on an Old Marijuana Drug
- 2 Little Known MLPs With High, Safe Yields
- Abbott Labs vs. Walgreen: Which Stock's Dividend Dominates?
- The Proprietary Drug Business Just Got Riskier