MOMENTIVE is a privately held subsidiary of Apollo Management LP
Momentive was formed by Apollo Management in 2006 when it acquired the GE Silicones business. Hexion is also part of Momentive. It operates as Momentive Specialty Chemicals, Inc. The product line includes quartz and ceramics in addition to silicones and sealants, as well as phenolic and amino resins, acrylic monomers, unsaturated polyester resins, coatings, composite resins, epoxy resins, uv curable coatings, textile resins, wax products, and forest product resins.
In 2014, Wall Street Journal reported that Momentive would miss an interest payment due April 15, and prepared to file bankruptcy.
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MetLife Inc's Earnings Results: 4 Key Takeaways
- A Halloween Treat for Tesla Motors Inc. and Electric Vehicle Proponents
- Is Las Vegas Sands Stock a Buy?
- Will Coca-Cola Be Around 100 Years From Now?
- 7 Things US Bancorp's Richard Davis Wants You to Know
- 6 Things I Learned From the Book "Being Wrong"