If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Don't These Winning Stocks Pay Dividends?
- 4 New Elon Musk Quotes That Tesla Motors, Inc. Investors Shouldn't Overlook
- Organovo Holdings Inc. Announces Ambitious New Plan
- This Next-Generation Biotech Just Set the Stage for a Big 2015
- Solazyme Earnings: The Only News That Really Matters
- 1 Near-Term Apple Catalyst Everyone Has Missed