If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is It Time to Buy Johnson & Johnson's Stock?
- 3 Reasons Suncor Energy's Stock Could Rise
- Why Clean Energy Fuels Corp Stock Has Crashed 23% in 2014
- Why Unemployment Rates in These 5 States Could Soar Next Year
- Why Taking the PepsiCo-Anheuser-Busch InBev Relationship a Big Step Further Makes Sense
- This 149-Bagger Hedge Fund Bought Google Inc. Should You?