If approved, the initiatives would often require the corporation to pursue green or socially responsible programs, but almost anything can appear in an initiative. They rarely receive the votes needed for approval.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Facebook: A Prosocial or Antisocial Stock?
- Williams Companies' $13.8 Billion Kinder Style Merger: 3 Things Dividend Investors Need to Know
- Fresh Market Keeps Growing, but Concerns Mount About Its Future
- Big Oil Dividend Stocks: Why Shell's $73 Billion Merger Could be Cheating Dividend Investors
- Quality Systems Soars as Earnings Double
- 3 Undervalued Stocks in Tech Worth Buying