The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Will a Sprint Corporation Price Cut Force AT&T and Verizon to Follow?
- Will Apple, Inc.'s Purchase of Podcasting App Swell Crush SiriusXM?
- 3 Reasons General Electric Company?s Stock Could Rise
- Energy Investing 101: Identifying the Top Independent Oil & Gas Stocks
- Hain Celestial Keeps Growing in Q4
- Railroads: Investing Essentials
- 3 Reasons Herbalife Ltd.'s Stock Could Fall
- Fannie And Freddie Made $5.1 Billion In Profit, And Shareholders Want A Piece Of It
- Bank of America Corp: Expect a Multibillion-Dollar Settlement Any Day
- Could the Great Renewable Energy Wall Between the U.S. and China Be Crumbling?
- 3 Reasons Goldman Sachs? Stock Could Rise
- Transocean Earnings: Is the Turnaround Working?