The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Finally: Facebook, Inc.'s Next-Generation "Like" Button Is Here
- Will This Be the Deal That Fiat Chrysler's Workers Accept?
- Microsoft Corporation Financial Reporting to Focus on Cloud, Productivity, Personal Computing
- Why Ambarella Inc. Stock Fell Thursday
- Chipotle: Next Stop, $850?
- Why Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Wants to Be Like Costco Wholesale Corporation
- Why Lumber Liquidators Holdings, Inc. Stock Popped Today
- Why Republic Airways Holdings Inc.'s Shares Plunged 16% Today
- Monsanto Wilts on Earnings, Guidance Shortfalls Despite Long-Term Optimism
- Mark Your Calendar: General Motors Company Earnings
- Why Acorda Therapeutics Is Soaring 12% Today
- 6 Things to Watch For When Bank of America Reports Earnings