The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 7 Amazing Quotes from Warren Buffett's Annual Letter to Shareholders
- RadioShack's Lesson: The Electronics Store Is Dead
- Why Shareholders of Both Men's Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank Should Celebrate This Deal
- Box Office: As ?300: Rise of an Empire? Dominates, Don?t Fret DreamWorks? Slow Start
- Is Coupons.com a Good Investment Deal?
- Investments You Believe In
- Nuverra Environmental Solutions Aims to End Its Legacy Issues
- FTSE Shares That Soared and Plunged This Week
- This Week's Top Dow Stocks
- 10 Great Books on American Economic History
- Why FuelCell Energy, Palo Alto Networks, and Nuverra Environmental Solutions Soared Today
- Banks Got Their Yearly Report Card This Week