The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 20 Smart Ways to Save Money
- The Dividend Payout Ratio: A Simple Yet Revealing Number
- 3 Reasons Why Chesapeake Energy Corporation?s Stock Could Rise Again
- Dominion Resources Inc. Wants You to Know its Future is Bright ... and Gassy
- Build an Old-Age Pension for Guaranteed Income in Retirement
- 3 High-Yielding Oil Drillers That Could Be on Borrowed Time