The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Boeing's Q3 Earnings Preview: 4 Key Things You Want to Know
- These Cisco Systems Investments Aren't Paying Off for Shareholders
- VMware Earnings: Big Sales and Profit Gains
- Discover Financial Services Earnings: Record Rapid Growth Continues
- FMC Technologies Boosts Its Profits, But Investors Still Want More
- 2 Things Kimberly-Clark Dividend Investors Need to Know