The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Dow May Open Flat After Friday's Record Close
- Blackstone Group Offers to Take Pactera Private
- Stocks Stuck in Neutral After Hitting All-Time Highs
- Today's Falling Knife: FirstGroup Plunges 21%
- Ensco Authorizes $2 Billion in Buybacks
- Why Polymetal International, Fresnillo, and Eurasian Natural Resources Should Lag the FTSE 100 Today