The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon.com Inc. and Mattress Firm Holding Corp Jump as Stocks Rise
- Why Did Ralph Lauren Corp. Stock Jump 12% in November?
- Did a Lack of Discounts Hurt Honda's Sales?
- Ford: Buyers are Paying More for Our Vehicles
- Chipotle Should Eventually Recover From E. Coli Scare
- What Alliance Resource's Management Thinks You Should Know About the Coal Market
- 3 Reasons Why LifeLock Is Eating Its Own Cooking
- Trina Solar Limited Earnings: Size Doesn't Mean Profit in Solar Manufacturing
- Is Qualcomm Inc. Bottoming Out?
- 5 Things Pandora Media, Inc.'s CEO Wants You to Know
- Why Lululemon Athletica, Walter Investment Management, and Tyson Foods Jumped Today
- Why Is Philip Morris International Inc. Suing These Countries?