The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A $1 Billion Bet on Cancer Cures
- This New Study Suggests You've Been Thinking About Retirement All Wrong
- 3 Social Security Figures All Americans Should Know
- 4 Obamacare Benefits Many Seniors Don't Know About
- 3 Things Wells Fargo Wants You to Know
- This Presidential Candidate Just Took a Staunch Stand Against Marijuana