The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What to Watch at International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) in 2015
- Is Dollar Tree Inc.'s Stock Still a Buy?
- More Signs Apple, Inc.'s Mobile Payment Service Is a Success
- Twitter Needs to Find Its Sheryl Sandberg
- Stock Markets Look to Santa Claus to Bring New Record Highs
- Is Qualcomm Inc. Trying to Reduce its Reliance on Taiwan Semiconductor Mfg. Co. Ltd.?
- The 3 Best Ways to Invest In Real Estate
- Elizabeth Warren Is Right About Citigroup for the Wrong Reasons
- Is Bank of America on the Naughty or Nice List This Holiday Season?
- The Smart Way to Deal With Debt Collectors
- Will CarMax Keep Putting the Growth Pedal to the Metal?
- Is Whole Foods Market a Lawsuit Waiting to Happen?