The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Are Yongye Shareholders Getting Shortchanged?
- Keep an Eye on Gilead Sciences, Johnson & Johnson, Pharmacyclics, and AbbVie Today
- Any Risk-Tolerant Investor Has to Check out This Pipeline Operator From South America
- Pratt & Whitney Machinists Approve New Contract
- SunEdison Is Taking a Bite Out of the Big Apple
- Post Holdings Buying Golden Boy Foods, Dymatize Enterprises
- Will Venezuela Follow Iran's Footsteps?
- Cigarette Makers Aren't Going Up in Smoke
- Can Returned Confidence in Weatherford International Boost Its Shares?
- U.S. Consumer Spending Up 0.3% in October
- LA Sues Wells Fargo, Citigroup Over Foreclosures in Minority Communities
- PNC Settles With Freddie Mac Over Mortgage Claims