The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Here?s the Single Biggest Itemized Tax Deduction
- This Burger Stock Is Overrated (Hint: It's Not Shake Shack)
- Cablevision's HBO Deal Isn't a Problem for Apple
- Can SpaceX Really Cut the Cost of Space Travel by 75%?
- Security Risk: 7 Critical Choke Points That Could Cause an Oil Price Super Spike
- Is Gilead Sciences Inc. About to Crater Before Our Very Eyes?
- This Is How Bank of America Can Win Me (and You) Back
- You're Making 80% Less in Dividends, Should You Keep This Loser?
- 3 Things You Probably Didn't Know About Your Credit Score
- Allied Capital: 5 Years After its Downfall
- Read This Before You Buy Bank of America
- The Single Worst Practice of Medical Device Makers