The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Wire Transfer vs. Direct Deposit: What?s the Difference?
- Why AMC Networks Inc. Fell 14.1% in August
- 2 Areas LINN Energy LLC Could Sell Next
- Shares of BP Prudhoe Bay Trust Couldn't Stop Their Long Decline in August
- Altria's Dividend Increase Is Music to Investors' Ears
- Why B&G Foods Inc. Jumped as Much as 14.3% Thursday
- Is Freeport McMoRan Destroying Shareholder Value or Preserving it?
- 3 Reasons I'm Thinking About Investing In Qualcomm Inc.
- This Company Is Settling What Could Be a Record Lawsuit for Retirement Savings: Is Your Employer Nex
- What Is Jeremy Clarkson's Net Worth?
- Environmental Group Threatens Exxon With Appeal in New Jersey Case
- 3 Trends MasterCard Investors Should Be Excited About