The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Stock Market Tips for the Biotech Industry
- Set Phasers to Stun: U.S. Army Channels Star Trek for Future Ray Gun
- TrueCar Inc. Sued Again; Is It Playing by the Rules?
- Hypothetically, Here's What Might Happen to Marijuana Prices if it Were Legalized
- Why Facebook's Instagram Isn't Scared of Google's New Photo Service
- Lessons From Apple, Inc. Stock's Volatility in the Last Three Years
- Las Vegas Sands Lawsuit Could Get Uglier Than Just Words
- Pom Wonderful's Deceptive Ads: Lessons for Consumers and Investors
- Should You Follow Goldman Sachs Advice on Oil Stocks?
- 3 Fossil Fuel Stock Fails
- When Will Bank of America Get the Hint? Taking Advantage of Customers Isn't Good for Business
- As Mayweather Was Defeating Pacquiao, Was Twitter's Periscope Winning?