The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What You Need to Know About Credit Card Rates
- Is the Latest Round of Russia Sanctions a Threat to ExxonMobil?
- The First-Time Homebuyer's Guide to Getting a Loan
- Warren Buffett Just Dumped These Energy Stocks, But Here's Why You Shouldn't
- 5 Things Chipotle Mexican Grill's Management Wants You to Know
- Why Electric Vehicles Won't Dominate Gas Over the Next Decade