The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- How Glassdoor's Job Explorer Could Put a Dent in U.S. Unemployment
- Will Microsoft Kick ARM to the Curb for Intel?
- Why Facebook Will Soar Tomorrow and TripAdvisor Will Tumble
- E*Trade Financial Corporation Earnings Beat Expectations but Fall Short of Q1
- Samsung Wants to Control Your Home
- Why Xilinx Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., and Linear Technology Corporation Are Today's 3 Worst Stock
- Jury Orders Reynolds American to Pay $23.6 Billion. Time to Sell?
- Will General Motors Be Charged With Crimes?
- Is FedEx's Trouble With the Feds a Game-Changer?
- How Worried Should Visa Inc and MasterCard Inc?s Shareholders Be Right Now?
- Why First Horizon National Corporation is Doing All The Right Things to Increase Shareholder Value
- Nu Skin Threats: China, Downgrades, and Pyramid Schemes