The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- General Motors Company Reports a Profit Despite Huge Recall Costs
- 2 Sides of the Coal Coin to Watch in First Quarter Earnings
- Should You Buy Prospect Capital Corporation Before Earnings?
- What to Watch in the First Quarter for CONSOL Energy and Rhino Resource Partners
- Apple Inc's iPhone Beat Is Good for Cirrus Logic's Upcoming Earnings
- Rumors of FuelBand's Death have been Greatly Exaggerated
- Why Xoom, Hugoton Royalty Trust, and SodaStream Are Today's 3 Best Stocks
- Visa, Inc. Earnings: How Fast Can the Card Giant Grow?
- YPF's New Deal With Chevron: Time To Buy?
- Higher Costs Lead to Growing Loss at AK Steel
- First Solar Inc Might Not Be the Best Solar Investment
- Is Transocean LTD Destined for Greatness?