The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Strong Demand Boosts Illumina Inc. in Q1
- 3 Reasons JC Penney Company Inc Stock Could Fall
- Chipotle?s Stock Down 5% After First-Quarter Earnings Disappoint Wall Street ? Time to Buy?
- Can Apple Inc. Crush Analyst Estimates -- Again?
- Why GulfMark Offshore, Inc. (GLF) Stock Got Smacked Down 15%
- Arch Coal Inc. (ACI) Stock Tumbles on Earnings: Here's What You Need to Know
- Will This Hedge Fund Manager Bring Down Your Biotech Stocks?
- What the EU Antitrust Charges Against Google Inc. Mean for Investors
- Everything You Need to Know About Google's EU Antitrust Suit
- [priority] A Huge Court Victory Gives General Motors a Boost
- A Huge Court Victory Gives General Motors a Boost
- Goldman Sachs Rides the Wall Street Wave Higher