The close is the final step of a real estate transaction. When all the conditions of the sales contract have been met and title and financing are ready, buyer, seller and their real estate agents meet to close the deal. The close is payday for the seller and the real estate agents. The buyer gets title and keys to the property in exchange.
In some states the close is known as settlement.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What You Need to Know Before Buying Vivint Solar's IPO
- Want to Buy Tesla Motors, Inc. Stock? Wait for a Bigger Sell-Off
- How Ford Motor Company Is Growing in Europe
- 3 Reasons Frontier Communications Corp.'s Stock Could Fall
- Why Apple is Poised to Break Even More Records with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- 5 Things Adobe Systems' Management Wants You to Know
- CarMax, Inc. Earnings Deliver a Lemon, But Are Better Times Ahead?
- 4 Things Bank of America Stock?s Management Wants You to Know
- California Municipality Declares War on Lowe's
- Is VirnetX Holding Corporation a Good Pick After Shares Plunged?
- 3 Reasons General Motors Company Stock Could Rise
- Is JPMorgan Chase One of the Best Companies in America?