A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Nepal Wants to Keep Everest Business in Sherpa Hands
- 9 Warren Buffett-Approved Dividend Stocks
- S&P 500 Breaks Winning Streak, but Apple and Amazon Are Big Winners
- Can Apple and Amazon Beat Netflix?
- Apple Just Made Its Case to Join the Dow. Will Intel or Cisco Get the Boot?
- Why Intuitive Surgical, Cree, and iRobot Tumbled Today