A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 3 Moves Apple Shouldn't Make With Its Cash
- Facebook Inc.'s M Is All About AI
- 2 New Marijuana Studies Raise More Questions Than Answers
- NVIDIA is About to Copy One of the PlayStation 4's Best Features, and It Could Help It Crush AMD
- Beyond the iPhone 6s: What Else Should You Look for at Apple's Event Next Week?
- Better Money Management in 5 Easy-to-Follow Steps