A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Did Putin Just Harm His Fellow Russians By Banning Food Imports?
- The Surprising Reason Americans Don?t Save More in Their 401(k) Plans
- Finding the Best Car Insurance for Teens
- Xiaomi: The Apple, Samsung, and Amazon of China
- You Thought Ron Paul Was Outspoken When He Was in Congress? You Won't Believe What He's Saying Now
- Is Internet Banking the Best Choice for You?