A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Microsoft Corporation's Earnings May Take a Back Seat to This Revolutionary Windows Announcement
- Why Priceline Group's Stock Is Up More Than 37% in the Past Year
- Why Xilinx Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., and Linear Technology Corporation Are Today's 3 Worst Stock
- Can General Motors Beat VW in China?
- Microsoft Corporation Earnings: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- 8x8, Inc. Shares Surge 5% on Adequate Q1 Results and 2015 Guidance