A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Chromecast vs. Fire TV Stick: Can Google's New Device Equal Amazon's?
- Eaton Corp.: 5 Things Management Wants You to Know
- What ConAgra Inc.'s Spinoff Will Mean for Investors
- Insurers Don't Want to Pay for Pricey Cancer Meds
- Ordering From Domino's Pizza Inc With One Button: Gimmick or Gold Mine?
- Disney Will Get Over Its ESPN Problem