A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Funding Nonprofit Infrastructure Amplifies Impact
- A Billion Reasons to Buy Baidu
- Boston Beer Co. Inc. Bubbles Down Despite a Delicious Quarter
- Ocwen Financial Takes an Earnings Hit, but Stays Upbeat
- ADP Earnings Fail to Impress, but Strong New Business Bookings Bode Well for Future Growth
- Tesla Motors, Inc. Earnings: 2 Under-The-Radar Metrics