A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- This $12 Billion Hedge Fund Company Has Sold Valero, Sysco, and Hewlett-Packard
- Is This Goldman Conviction Buy Really a Buy?
- This 149-Bagger Has Been Selling Chimera, Fusion-io, and SanDisk
- 1 Key Reason the Rite Aid Rally Should Continue
- Raytheon Wins 3 Defense Contracts Thursday
- Pentagon Hires 4 Defense Contractors for Space and Naval Warfare Work