A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 6 Steps to Restart the Refinancing Process
- 3 Reasons Marriott's Stock Could Rise
- How This Looming Threat Could Devastate the U.S. Energy Industry
- Home Depot's Record-Breaking Credit Card Breach Could Have Been Much Worse
- T-Mobile Is the Only U.S. Carrier Taking Advantage of This Brilliant iPhone 6 Feature
- Here's How You Can Own Part of a Professional Sports Team