A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Now the Right Time to Buy McDonald's Corporation Stock?
- Supreme Court Rescues Obamacare: What Should Investors Do Now?
- Citigroup Will ?Comfortably Survive? the Events in Greece, Says Top Executive
- 8 Charts to Celebrate the iPhone's 8th Birthday
- Everything You Need to Know About Amazon Echo
- Why Wayfair Inc's Future Looks Bright