A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Darling Ingredients Inc. Earnings Beat on Diamond Green Diesel Strength
- Oil Stocks: Why This High-Yielding Refiner's Blowout Earnings Herald Strong Growth Ahead
- The 1 Thing Microsoft Corporation Must Get Right With Its Low-End Windows Phones
- LaGuardia to Los Angeles Nonstop? These 2 Airlines Would Be the Winners
- 5 Remarkable Things Chesapeake Energy Corporation?s Management Told its Investors
- Could SandRidge Energy Inc Take a Page Out of LINN Energy LLC?s Handbook?