A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Microsoft Must Launch Cortana For iOS and Android
- Why Ford Motor Company Tanked Nearly 8%, and Why It Doesn't Matter
- Amazon.com Is 20 Years Old, but Still an Infant
- Is Microsoft Stock Still a Buy After Rising More Than 40% Over the Past Year?
- 5 Things You Must Know About Facebook Stock
- Apple TV and Roku Have Broken the 30 Million Mark: Is Cable Doomed?