A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Next Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Will Blow Your Mind
- Time is Running Out on Your Chance to Add These 3 Stocks to Your IRA
- What You Need to Know About Amazon.com's Latest Attempt at World Domination
- Why Facebook Stock Is Riskier Than You Think
- Twitter Stock Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Are These Disney and Microsoft Names the Perfect Additions to Netflix Inc's Boardroom?