A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Peter Thiel Exclusive: Why a PayPal Merger Doesn't Make Sense
- 5 Things Netflix, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Why Microsoft Corporation's Windows Phone Strategy Will Pay Off
- Grupo Aeroportuario del Sureste (ADR) Earnings Fly Past Estimates
- Is McDonald's on the Right Track to Turn Around Its U.S. Sales?
- Xerox Corp Third-Quarter Earnings: Has Progress Stalled?