A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Scotiabank Earnings Rise, but Will Its Latest Bet Pay Off?
- Stocks to Watch: Business Development Companies
- GameStop Corp. Earnings Surge on Market Share Gains
- What You Need to Know About CVS's $12.7 Billion Acquisition of Omnicare
- Why Charter Buying Time Warner Cable Could Help Investors and Hurt Consumers
- How Masayoshi Son Built and Then Rebuilt His Billion Dollar Empire