A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Ocwen Financial Corp Is Getting Rid of this $89 Billion Portfolio
- Why Stratasys Stock Dropped 6% Today -- and Did It Deserve To?
- Why Shares of Microsoft Corporation Surged Today
- Former BP Chief Sees Oil Price Rebound Soon
- Why HomeAway, Inc. Stock Plunged Today
- Why Shares of Netgear Inc. Slumped Today