A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Hewlett-Packard Earnings: 1 Segment Just Took the Clear Lead in HP's Turnaround
- Apple, Inc. Takes a Different Approach to User Data in China
- Microsoft's Xbox Smartglass App Is a Step Behind the Playstation 4
- 3 Reasons American Tower Corp.'s Stock Could Rise
- Defense Industry: Investing Essentials
- 3 Reasons Why HCA Holdings Inc Stock Could Rise