A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Seadrill Could Be a Big Winner in Offshore Drilling
- Can WhatsApp Become Bigger Than Facebook Inc?
- Forget Hackers, The Biggest Internet Security Threat Is Closer to Home
- A-10 Warthog "Treason" Comments Cost Air Force General His Job
- What Happens Now That Comcast Corporation Has Dropped Its Time Warner Cable Bid?
- Amazon Prime Now: 3 More Cities About to Get Same Day Delivery