A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Accenture Buying Acquity Group for $316 Million
- This Week in Sirius XM Radio
- 5 Reasons to Worry About Next Week
- Pentagon Spends $100 Million on Helo, Osprey Parts, Among Other Things
- House Chairman Sees IRS Errors as Part of Pattern
- Ocado Group Surges 40% After Announcing 25-Year Online Partnership With Wm. Morrison Supermarkets