A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Is Facebook Inc's Messenger Platform a Trojan Horse?
- Will BlackBerry Ltd Ever Give Up on Hardware?
- Copart, Inc. Reports Sales and Margins Down, but Profits Up
- Can Seadrill Ltd Keep Afloat? The Good and Bad in First-Quarter Earnings
- Will These Efforts Help Google Inc. Right the Ship in Mobile?
- Google Inc's New Twitter Feature Is a Win-Win