A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What Is the Definition of Affluenza, and Do You Have It?
- Apple's Big Strength: Operational Excellence
- Can Coca-Cola Afford to Invest in This Feel-Good Project?
- Better Restaurant Stock Buy: Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. or Buffalo Wild Wings?
- Sirius XM Plays Nice
- CalAmp Corp. Communicates Another Solid Quarter