A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Baidu.com, Inc. Shares Slide As Third-Quarter Guidance Disappoints Wall Street
- How Netflix Inc. Plans to Reach 14 Million More Households Starting this Fall
- Is Google, Inc.'s New Phone-Tracking Feature a Big Mistake?
- Tesla Motors Stock Falls as GE Plans "Sizable" Foray Into Energy Storage
- 5 Things Honeywell International Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- An Investing Opportunity in Hot Air