A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- MasterCard Stock: Is the Competitive Advantage Sustainable?
- General Electric Spin-Off: 3 Reasons to Consider Buying
- Tesla Motors, Inc. Delivers First Cars to Hong Kong. Is Japan Next?
- Is a Payment Service From Apple, Inc. Imminent?
- Another Good Sign for Apple's iPhone 6 Launch
- Subaru Has Big Plans for the All-New 2015 Legacy Sedan