A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 400 Billion Reasons to Buy Baidu Inc (ADR)
- Key Questions for Walt Disney Co as Subscriber Losses at ESPN Accelerate
- Microsoft Corporation's Latest App Aims to Convert Android Users
- Is It Too Late to Invest in Amazon.com Inc.?
- 3 Reasons to Buy Match Group Inc.
- Don't Listen To This Investor And Short Walt Disney Co. Stock