A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- A Solar Behemoth May be Growing Right Under Our Noses
- 3 Reasons International Business Machines Corp. Stock Could Rise
- Why Dish Network Thinks the Comcast-Time Warner Merger Is Terrible for Consumers
- After a Disastrous Quarter, 2 Things All Offshore Drilling Investors Need to Know
- Oil Stocks: What Linn Energy's Latest Move Means for Future Dividend Growth
- Does Sling TV Need Apple and Sony to Succeed?