A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- DigitalGlobe, Inc. Earnings: Finally Time to Focus on Growth
- 8 Top Stocks to Buy in November
- Microsoft Just Launched a Huge Attack Against Google and Dropbox
- National Oilwell Varco Earnings Keep the Good Times Going
- Why I Still Own Staples Stock
- 5 Things McKesson Corporation's Management Wants You to Know