A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- The Best Bank Stock to Own for the Next Recession
- MLPs: Williams Companies Inc. Sees a Once-In-A-Generation Opportunity in Natural Gas
- 4 Takeways From Heico's Earnings Report
- Airbus Orders Have Taken Off: Will Cash Flows Follow?
- Does China Have an Unfair Competitive Advantage Over U.S. Companies?
- Apogee Enterprises Still Looks Shiny