A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 2 Ways to Play the LNG Boom
- Can Returned Confidence in Weatherford International Boost Its Shares?
- Here is What GE Believes in for the Next Decade
- Is SandRidge Energy Sitting on a Gusher in the Gulf?
- AT&T Just Helped Google Sell More Phones
- Morning Dow Report: Strong Jobs Growth Sends Stocks Higher, But Financials Still Lag