A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- What If the Apple Watch Flops Like Google Glass?
- 1 Major Problem That You Might Encounter on Tax Day 2015
- Can Amazon Echo Help The Retailer Take Over Your Home?
- Should Netflix, Inc. Investors Worry Over Higher Streaming Prices?
- 3 Companies with Better Dividends Than Annaly Capital Management, Inc.
- The Sorry State of Sam's Club, and Why Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Can't Give Up on the Warehouse