A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Pentagon Awards $151.4 Million in Defense Contracts
- Who's Afraid of a Chipotle Price Increase?
- Stock Market Today: Hasbro?s Pony-Fueled Profit and Halliburton?s Record
- 5 Companies Boosting Their Dividend by at Least 200% in the 1st Quarter
- 3 Predictions for the New Week
- What Does Obamacare Mean for Medicare Beneficiaries?