A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Netgear's Earnings: Solid Quarter Sends Mixed Signals
- Warren Buffett Lost Billions This Week -- Is He Losing His Touch?
- Qlik Technologies, Inc. Earnings: Strong Results, Soft Guidance, Shares Jump
- Weatherford International Plc Earnings: What You Need to Know
- Despite Falling Oil Prices, Cameron International Corporation Reports Strong Quarter
- 5 Things Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. Just Told Investors