A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Is Crushing Microsoft's Xbox One and Nintendo's Wii U
- TV Everywhere Stinks, and Verizon Wants to Fix It
- PetSmart's Mixed Earnings Send Shares Lower
- The Walt Disney Company Wants to Help You Cut the Cord
- Don't Believe This Common Warren Buffett Myth
- The Radical Plan to Force the Biggest Banks to Pay the Government $86 Billion