A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Amazon's Deal With the United States Postal Service Could Hold the Key to the Mail Deliverer?s Futur
- Why Microsoft Should Offer Windows 10 for Free
- Cintas Corporation is Looking Sharp While Outgrowing Earnings Estimates
- Is It Time to Buy FedEx Stock?
- 5 Things Windstream Holdings' Management Wants You to Know
- Should HP Spend $5.7 Billion on Share Buybacks?