A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Best Investment Companies: Things You Need to Know Before Picking
- Splunk, Inc. Spikes on an Impressive Quarterly Beat
- Samsung May Have Just Given YouTube a Leg Up on Twitter's Periscope
- Should Sony Corporation and Nvidia Corporation Believe in Cloud Gaming?
- Activision Blizzard Inc.'s Special Sauce
- Baidu Inc (ADR) Launches Into Online-to-Offline Investments With Laundry App