A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Remember How Obamacare Hit Its Enrollment Target Last Year? Yeah... Not Quite
- 4 of the Best Dividend Stocks Canada Has to Offer
- Making All the Right Moves, Ctrip.com International, Ltd. (ADR) Still Gets Punished
- 3 Reasons Pioneer Natural Resources' Stock Could Rise Again
- Verizon Again Shows It's Not Playing Nice With Competing Carriers
- Even Apple's Rejected Ideas Inspire Xiaomi's Plans