A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Visa Will Move the Dow Tomorrow
- Will Comcast's Customer Service Ever Get Better?
- Nokia Soars as Healthy Network Sales Trigger Surprises in Q2 Earnings and Sales
- China?s Shale Gas Push Could Be Huge for U.S. Companies
- Huntington Bancshares' Problem With Too Much Profitability
- Could Amazon Wallet Create a Whole New Way to Pay for Things?