A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- 5 Things Devon Energy Corp.'s CEO Wants You to Know
- Good Luck With That Forecast
- 4 Mistakes to Avoid on Black Friday
- IBM vs. Intel Corporation: The Data Center Battle Escalates
- TrueCar Shares Jump as New CEO Reaches Out to Dealers
- Twitter's Unrequited Love Affair With Celebrities Is Becoming Value Destructive