A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Cable Bill Too High but Not Ready to Cut the Cord? Here's What Some People Are Doing.
- Russia Sanctions: 5 Dividend Stocks That Might Be Affected
- Amazon.com Inc. Should Follow eBay With A Split of its Own
- Peter Thiel Exclusive: Why a PayPal Merger Doesn't Make Sense
- 5 Things Netflix, Inc.'s Management Wants You to Know
- Why Microsoft Corporation's Windows Phone Strategy Will Pay Off