A service is an intangible of value usually based on providing labor and/or knowhow to a client.
In contrast, a product is a material or object of value usually made or manufactured or obtained from natural sources, e.g. mining, fishing, agriculture, etc.
Related Fool Articles
Recent Mentions on Fool.com
- Why Apple Inc. Will Not Acquire Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Can Google Inc. Flank Facebook Inc. In This $90 Billion Market?
- GoDaddy's IPO: It's Go Time!
- Tesla Motors, Inc. Will Announce a "Major New Product Line" in April
- Microsoft Corporation Moves to Conquer the Cloud with Azure App Service
- Fiat Chrysler's Dealers Got Crushed in These Rankings